A night to remember

AMc

Distinguished Member
I went to a family wedding during the Beast from the East. I think the effort to attend added a little more determination in everyone to squeeze every last drop of fun out of the day. There was a lot of 21st Century life in the room though most of us were born a bit... or a lot before :)

The room was flood lit with a bright pink light that really looked terrible in the pictures, hence the B&W conversion.
It was dark and everyone was moving hence the settings and the graininess.
Still the bride was delighted with the 100 or so images I shared of the day and she's been posting them on Instagram for everyone to see so I'm glad I took my camera.

A night to remember
by AMcUK, on Flickr

Olympus E-M10 Mkii + Panasonic 25mm f1.7
25mm
1/60th
f1.8
ISO 5000

Constructive comments welcome and thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Last edited:

rancidpunk

In Memoriam
Nice effort, especially considering that light must have been truly awful. Even at gigs, other than a couple seemingly taking place in a blackout, I can get 1/50 - 1/100 at around 1600 ISO

AMc

Distinguished Member
Yup - the DJ had avoided lots of flashing lights and just bounced a lot of pink LED floods of the high ceiling. It was very dark.
I should probably have been a bit braver and used some flash on some of these but I was a guest not the official photographer and I may have had a glass or two of beer :blush:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
"This is the finest picture I have ever seen, I would like to pay you £10,000,000 for a signed canvas print" ?
...or you like the shopping centre one more?

...or what's that got to do with the Bleedin' Theme ?
FTFY :devil:

AMc

Distinguished Member
They are lively and alive and in the 21st Century!
The bride and groom and most of their guests have come of age in the new millenium.
The bride was 10 in 2000 :eek:

I refer you to the theme setter
March 2018 Photo Competition - Launch and Discussion

It can be anything.. In the 21st century! A whole load of perspectives in Lots of situations... Seen from different age groups...e.c.t.

Should be interesting and thought provoking

Ice

shotokan101

Distinguished Member

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
....you're not the only one I imagine - pretty sure I can hear the knives being sharpened in anticipation already..... :eek:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
...in fact I've been getting strange sharp pains intermittently all over my body during the past few days so I reckon the Local Voodoo shops have been having a run on their little dolls somewhere....

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Got a picture of one?

To the OP - you definitely caught the life of the party!

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme