A newbie to the Arcam Club!

ryanwigginton

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just bought my first Arcam product. A black DV137 which I got a massive discount on. A member of staff at the store had previously owned it for almost a year. Still one year guarantee left on it. Can't wait to try it out!

Hi Ryan,
Will this be your first piece of Arcam kit, and what are you partnering it with. What did you upgrade from, be keen to hear.

Welcome to the forums.:smashin:

Dan.

Thanks! :)

My last DVD Player was a Pioneer (not sure of the model off top of my head). I think I paid about £120 or so for it maybe 5 years back. Was really pleased with it, nothing fancy but a good solid build that served it's purpose. The Arcam unit cost me a little :rolleyes: more so I'm expecting good things from it. Still haven't used it yet as I'm away at work.

To begin with it will just get paired with a Pioneer PDP LX428XD (or maybe 508). Not sure yet. If the player works for me then most likely an AVR350 with some Piegas later down the line.

The DV137 has the latest FW so fingers crossed, there won't be any dramas.

Hi all,

Just bought my first Arcam product. A black DV137 which I got a massive discount on. A member of staff at the store had previously owned it for almost a year. Still one year guarantee left on it. Can't wait to try it out!

Hi Ryan hope you enjoy your unit.. I am saving madly for an AVR amp and hope to soon join this club myself...
enjoy
Regards
Phil

Wow Ryan, you sure have jumped up a level of player! Did you demo the DV137, or order on faith?

Dan

I've seen Arcam stuff reviewed in the past (and because of financial restraints only dreamt), so I had a little faith. I like their minimalistic design. Plus, they're reassuringly expensive.. combined with the £500 saving off the retail price.. well.. that kinda sealed the deal!

I really like understated stuff. I have a Nakamichi head unit in my car. So simple looking, yet so powerful and great at what it does.

My last player was the Pioneer DV-350 by the way... there's one on eBay for £5 lol.

Wow, you've certainly taken a risk buying without a demo but best of luck, I'm keen to hear what you think when it arrives, Hope you like the Arcam 'house sound'

From all accounts, an AVR350 should partner extremely well. I'd definitely suggest demoing the speakers though, as partnering speakers up to amp/source can bring varying results with different combinations.

Let us know when the bug day arrives when the DV137 arrives =]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom