1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a newbie question about connecting a......

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by davejoshi, Dec 5, 2004.

1. davejoshi

davejoshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TV to my stereo system. I have my PS2 connected to my stereo, using the red and white connectors that are attached to my Scart lead. What I'd like is, when not using the PS2 if I could find a double ended red/white cable that goes from my stereo into my Sky Digi box. (my TV only has a scart connection on the back, its pants.....)

Were can I buy one of these cables from? I really aint got a clue.

Also, if anybody can recommend a TV that will give me excellent picture/sound quality for PS2 gaming for under £400, can you give me a link? Again, not sure what I'm looking for - they all look the same....... lol

Thanks very much indeed.

A Newbie

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    get a sound system mate basic surround sound £200 for £400 i would reconmend a Pio 402 amp and speakers that suit taste and room TV sound is always crap but a switcher is available or get a scart breakout lead (rare Scart to Scart and 2 phono and use this to get PS2/SKY and TV sound through HiFi...

Be warned this is an expensive place to hang out............ before you know it you will have surround sound and a plasma...........

3. davejoshi

davejoshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds good to me!

So you're saying dont bother upgrading the TV, get a decent Pioneer sound system? Any links to such a system? My TV is a 21" Alba that cost £120 from Argos, with one scart socket on the back, should I still keep it now you know that!? I am prepared to spend £400, but not a penny more - lol

This scart breakout lead (rare Scart to Scart and 2 phono and use this to get PS2/SKY and TV sound through HiFi) - sounds like what I'm after, do you have a link were I can buy online?

Thanks a lot, much appreciated!!