A Newbie Here Looking For Some Views

motr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have only recently found this forum and have to say, I have read some interesting threads.

However, I am quite new to LCDs and am currently looking into replacing my Panasonic 24" Widescreen TV which is good, but takes up so much room, especially with a 6 month old baby in the house.

My living room is rather on the small side, 12 ft X 12ft and am looking at either purchasing a 23" LCD or at a real push, a 26", but the first option is to gauge opinions on the 23" selection.

I have had a good look round and at the moment, these are the ones that have caught my eye:

Philips 23PF8946
Philips 23PF9946
JVC LT23C50
Sony KLVL23M1

The Sharp LC26GA3E would be top of my list but as I have said, with a young boy around the house, funds are limited, but I have seen plenty of views on this particular LCD to know a lot of you recommend it, so, my question is, any views on the other 4?

All it will be used for is watching/recording dvds using a Panasonic DMRE55EBS dvd recorder and a Sky box connected. It won't be used with a PC. I watch a lot of football aswell as films and live concert dvds.

The only other consideration I have is that the tv will be sitting in a small alcove in one corner of the room looking out to the rest of the room, so I am presuming that the 170 degree viewing angles should be ok for not directly sitting in front of the tv?

I really would appreciate any views/comments.

Many thanks

Wayne

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

Im also looking for one for exactly the same reason basically to make more room for the baby and toys, my worry is if I dont wall mount it, how much damage can be done when the baby/toddler decides to poke the screen which they will :mad:

HA!!! I haven't even thought that far ahead...... :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom