A most unedifying sight

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I've got a bit of a temper but I never show it in public ----until today. I neede some petrol so drove into a garage forecourt .Errrr no my passage was blocked by this idiot who clearly thought he'd stand back and wait until one of the pumps was free and then pick the first pump that became clear.I was stuck berhind him with my rear blocking the footpath and behind was a paramedic and behind him a busy road.So I'm thinking " You Jerk, pull up behind one of the cars at the pump and I'll do the same " No, he wouldnt move.Any way as it happens a space became available so I drove past the jerk and parked behind a car at the pump. Sensible. Jerk gets out of his car pulls open my door and gives me a load of abuse to which I responded in kind.
I though the matter would end there but not a bit of it . He comes up behind me in the queu for the checkout and gives me more verbals and a push in the back. I should've stayed calm but I reacted
shouting and swearing at him. A jostle then ensued upon which the manager stepped in to calm things down. Must admit I feel a bit of a Pratt now.Two guys in theior fifties should not behave like that. The rest of the customers just scattered . The bloke at the till looked distinctly nervous :(

gets a big :thumbsup: from me LGS... he was only pizzd off because he thought you'd played him at his own game and won.. you should have just chinned the guy and walked off smiling. :)

It was me LGS - just baiting you :devil: though next time you won't get away with it!

la gran siete said:
my passage was blocked by this idiot who clearly thought he'd stand back and wait until one of the pumps was free and then pick the first pump that became clear.

Isn't that the way you are supposed to do it? Isn't that what everybody does?

la gran siete said:
Any way as it happens a space became available so I drove past the jerk and parked behind a car at the pump.

So you basically cut the queue!! Sorry mate but for me, he was right and you were wrong :hiya:

*stands back and waits for abuse* :D

Lex said:

So you basically cut the queue!! Sorry mate but for me, he was right and you were wrong :hiya:

Eh, not at any petrol station I have ever used. :confused: Otherwise at a busy station the traffic would be queuing back up the road for half a mile. :rolleyes:

You pick a line and take yer chances, if the one next to you moves quicker then so be it, such is life :lesson:

I think we all have days like this, I lost my temper with someone the other day and it's very rare that this happens. I have my days when I feel like the Hulk.

Don't make me angry, you won't like me when i'm angry :laugh:

Did you explain to the chap why you cut the queue?

I am always wound up when on the road and confronted by selfish or dangerous idiots, whether its some bird on her mobile who cuts in front of me, some queue jumping pricks trying to worm they way to the front of the entry or exit slip, rude drivers that don't acknowledge me when I've kindly given way to them, arrogant bus drivers, tailgaters (especially those to$$ers who flash me because I'm not doing 100 in a speed camera zone). I'll usually mouth a few choice words, and if sufficiently riled I'll sometimes wind down the window and use the international gesture for onanism.

You stayed calmer than I would have ;) :rolleyes:

:spam:

"Anger management programme"

Booooo.... Hisssssss

:spam:

stevegreen said:
I think we all have days like this, I lost my temper with someone the other day and it's very rare that this happens. I have my days when I feel like the Hulk.

Don't make me angry, you won't like me when i'm angry :laugh:

Did you explain to the chap why you cut the queue?
Its difficult to explain things when youve lost your rag . Yes I did tell him he was blocking the entrance but was more inclined to f and blind if I'm honest.
Funny thing was when he raised his fists and started jigging about like boxer. I should've just laughed
Its not like he had to wait very long, a few minutes in fact. It was just his pride that was punctured.

What about when people queue at petrol stations for a free pump which is on the same side as there filler cap. Thats really annoying when there are pumps free, but your stuck behind some moron who is either to stupid to realise the pump will reach both sides of the car providing you park your car right or is to lazy. :rolleyes:

well..... you did make a public show if his evidently poor reaction-time to start all this.. :D
you can almost understand him needing to redress the testosterone-balance with some Queens regulations... :devil:

The time for talking ended completely when he shoved you LGS, you were a model of restraint by most peoples standards.
Hell, certainly where I live if you shove someone in the back you're wanting a fight, night or day, young or old...?

He's lucky it was you and not somebody else.

stealther said:
What about when people queue at petrol stations for a free pump which is on the same side as there filler cap. Thats really annoying when there are pumps free, but your stuck behind some moron who is either to stupid to realise the pump will reach both sides of the car providing you park your car right or is to lazy. :rolleyes:

Yep, it's incredible how dumb some people are.. you don't need a masters degree in Engineering to work out that a 10ft+ hose will comfortably reach around the other side of a car.. :confused:

Though thinking about it, why would they want to leave all that petrol stuck in the hose and let the next person get it for free.... :rotfl:

The Dude said:
Yep, it's incredible how dumb some people are.. you don't need a masters degree in Engineering to work out that a 10ft+ hose will comfortably reach around the other side of a car.. :confused:

Though thinking about it, why would they want to leave all that petrol stuck in the hose and let the next person get it for free.... :rotfl:

:rotfl: Very Good.

The Dude said:

A hose-full must be worth at least 50p these days :cool:

la gran siete said:
...Jerk gets out of his car pulls open my door and gives me a load of abuse....

I'd have smacked him right there for invading my space ! :mad:

stealther said:

I couldn't disagree more !

Why drag a dirty, heavy petrol pipe over or behind your cars boot for it to either dirty your car or the rubber mark the paint work ?

I've seen people at petrol stations park too far away and try what you say only to find, they can only just reach and spill petrol over the forcourt because of the angle the nosel is at.

Each to their own eh !

Lex said:

I hang back and wait for the first space, unless I see that the queue behind me is getting close to the entrance, in which case I pick a lane and drive up to that. Just applying common sense and courtesy.

Cheers,
Liam

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom