• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

A morning in Ipswich

Fozzybear

I took the train to Ipswich on Saturday and took quite a lot of photos around the town and Christchurch Park. The weather was pretty good - better than most of the times I've been to Ipswich before! All shot on a Nikon D50 and Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G:

St. Lawrence's church on Dial Lane

The Buttermarket Shopping Centre

Old houses on Silent Street

The Willis Faber and Dumas Headquarters building on Cromwell Square, designed by Norman Foster.

Christchurch Park

Grey Squirrel in Christchurch Park, quite heavily cropped.

On the train heading to Ipswich, just crossing the border from Essex to Suffolk at Manningtree. Shot through a very dirty window.

All of the photos taken on Saturday, including a load from around Chelmsford as I walked to the train station, can be found here.

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
All nice pics....like the Grey Squirrel in Christchurch Park. I have the D50 too with thw 18-55ED kit lens, get some good shots.

I also like pic No4 nice reflections....:smashin:

icemanonline

Fozzybear

Thanks Liquid - it doesn't quite do the building justice though, the colour of it was really superb! The doors were really higgldy-piggldy too:

Iceman - I had the 18-55 for my D50 too (well, I've actually still got it as I've yet to try selling it) and it is a good lens. Not quite as sharp as the 18-70 and has a touch more colour fringing but still good for a kit lens. I certainly didn't find myself being that critical of the shots taken with it compared to my brother and his Canon 18-55, which really was not that good.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom