1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Memory card for the Dimage z1

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by wildbillmusic, Dec 19, 2003.

1. wildbillmusic

wildbillmusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Im going to soon buy myself a dimage z1, I will be buying a 256MB SD card for it, BUT i dont know what a reliable make is that will work well with this particuallar camera. I hear allsorts, like some cards loose pictures stored on them, there is a loss in qaulity of sound stored on some, picture on the z1 is out of sync with sound on some cards etc.

What's the free 16mb sd card you get with it? Maybee i should get a 256MB version of one of them? I have no more than £65, some are £125, some £45, I will be using this card mostly for videos with sound, 30fps. Any suggestions will be really appreciated!

Cheers All

WB:smashin:

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sandisk and Lexar are widely respected and worth the extra money £45 each from www.ebuyer.com ;)

edit: IIRC my Minolta 7Hi came with a Lexar card, so why not get that?

3. aaronjon

aaronjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my z1 came with a panasonic 16mb sd card, i use the sandisk 256mb from ebuyer, but they are not the fastest cards.
    if you want to avoid the out of sync issues with the high res video mode then i believe you want the fastest card available.
    more info in this forum:-
    http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1024
    they also suggest a new firmware will sort the sync problem out when available.

4. wildbillmusic

wildbillmusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think im going to get a.... Panasonic 256 MB SD memory card

Cant find it on amazon, or anywhere else on the net tho!, and the shops round my area are expensive.

I just want a 256MB SD card around £60 thats got the fastest write speeds and one that wont loose ANY data on it, any one got one that they can reccomend for my dimage z1?

5. wildbillmusic

wildbillmusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OH DAM, the panasonic one is really expensive, i guess you get what you pay for, but thats too much (Cheapest I found was £85), so i think im going for a kodak 256 SD card, what do you all think off that in terms of speed and use for 30fps videos with sound for my dimage z1, AND also in terms of having lots of data on it for playback.??

Thankyou all.