1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A massive hats-off to B&W!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MuFu, Jan 3, 2003.

1. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I ordered a pair of B&W 600 s3's (the dinky ones) from SuperFi about a month ago and have been extremely impressed by them so far, with the sole exception that both cabinets have a pronounced buzz that peaks at ~230Hz! It really ruins listening, especially uncluttered bass guitar passages that sound absolutely awful.

Although it was a manufacturing defect, I compounded the problem by over-tightening the cap screws on the front baffle to try and solve the problem (returning them to the place I got them would have cost quite a bit at the time). The screws just tap into a soft polycarbonate facia so the threads stripped pretty quickly. Well anyway - with the warranty obviously voided I started dreaming up all kinds of schemes to sort them out - filling the holes with epoxy then rethreading (that didn't work at all), sinking nuts into the plastic and using bolts instead etc etc.

A quick phonecall to B&W today fixed everything; despite my negligence in taking things into my own hands, they were very friendly on the phone and are sending me two replacement plastic baffles promptly. The rest I can take care of.

Nice one, B&W! Worth a post I thought, because supposedly this is one of their "value" lines and it's great to see the same customer support they obviously give to the more expensive ranges. :D

MuFu.

P.S. The guy from service refered the problem to their QC department while I was on the phone. Apparently it isn't a known problem but it's good they are looking into it anyway.

Edit - sp.

2. orangemirrors

orangemirrors

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your right

It was worth a post, nice to see a company doing the decent thing

Hopefully some others will take note

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Good to see credit given where it's due.Too many are quick to jump on a company.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Good good that has just nudged B&W above mission in the race to get my hard earned student loan. Pity that the 600 series centres are so large:( :( :(