A lord and a trooper

DpM

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Had a go with some off camera flash today. The background is just a jumper with an LED torch shone onto it. The only thing I have done after transferring them to the PC is to crop them as my kit lens will not get as close as id like.

Let me know what you think or how I could improve the shots.

Thanks

4280238746_8ed425a436.jpg

Larger version
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4280238746_8ed425a436_b.jpg

4279495429_cc6e31b98c.jpg

Larger version
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2731/4279495429_cc6e31b98c_b.jpg

Last edited:

Links work fine for me.

Regarding the pictures - they don't do much for me I'm afraid and as I don't know what you were trying to achieve lighting wise I'll just coment on my impressions - the first one obviously has a "chest shadow" that's a bit distracting and - although better large - the Darth figure doesn't show much detail on the body due to the colour.

Perhaps some use of fill lighting from a slight front angle might help - the shadow on the first one wouldn't be too bad for me if it wasn't "hanging" strainght down.

Hope ths doesn't seem overly critical - it's not meant to be negative.

Jim

Not at all, I appreciate the feedback. I have a few other lego star wars figs on the way and will want to do some portrait shots of them as well.
Next time as you suggest ill try the flash from the front left/right rather than above.

Last edited:
Try from a few different front angles as well and with and without some form of diffuser or reflector - even a sheet of kitchen towel or something.

I'm just getting used to having a flash again and it's quite amazing/disturbing the dramaitic effect subtle differences can make :(:) and shooting close ups is (I find) particularly difficult.

Look forward to seeing some more attempts.

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom