A long shot, I know, however can anybody help me turn audio compression off on the Arcam DV139?

UnseenArchives

Novice Member
Reaction score
I use my Arcam DV139 for headphone listening via RCA into a headphone amplifier, however I have noticed in the settings Audio Compression is set to On - with no way to turn it to off as it is greyed out. Does anybody know why this is? And if so please help! I understand this is 10 year old tech, however I have my fingers crossed.

IMG_4630.JPG

I use my Arcam DV139 for headphone listening via RCA into a headphone amplifier, however I have noticed in the settings Audio Compression is set to On - with no way to turn it to off as it is greyed out. Does anybody know why this is? And if so please help! I understand this is 10 year old tech, however I have my fingers crossed.
What content type are you using?
Manual notes 'Compression is available only on Dolby Digital recordings'
It may be that the option to change is greyed out as audio compression is not in use (and cannot be used) with the current content type.
To confirm play anything which isn't a Dolby Digital recording, say an ordinary CD.

Ask Arcam? The company is still in business.

Ask Arcam? The company is still in business.
Getting a reply from Arcam is like getting blood from a stone....
From my experience the ratio of asking to replies is in the region of 3/1 to 4/1.

That's odd. I used to have Arcam kit and any support queries were sorted PDQ. Perhaps it's sown to the fact that they've been bought out. Pity. Still worth a try though.

That's odd. I used to have Arcam kit and any support queries were sorted PDQ. Perhaps it's sown to the fact that they've been bought out. Pity. Still worth a try though.
Or perhaps down to the fact they only have a few support staff and a lot of support queries due to the buggy nature of their new models.

Arcam kit of old was pretty reliable. I used to have a lot of it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom