1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A long shot I know,but.....

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mike-M, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Mike-M

Mike-M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I have a Denon 3805 with proac 125 fronts and a cc1 centre. My problem is that I am unhappy with the centre. I can't fault the 125's for both stereo and movies but the centre is a real let down. I have tried the cc2 but still found it lacking. The main problem is that quiet dialogue seems to be muffled and to be honest if I switch to stereo it improves considerable as well as sounds like footsteps and suchlike suddenly appear!
    I'm sure the answer will be no, but has anyone used the 125's with another centre (I know you shouldn't really) with any success?
    I have played about with the amp settings but nothing has made that much of a difference.
    The only choice I can see if I can't match another centre to the fronts will be to replace the whole lot which will lose me a lot of money and mean I'll only be able to afford about £500 for a new surround set. Don't know if I could live with this after getting used to the Proac's (the fronts at least)