1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Long run and outside to boot.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by bearing, Nov 17, 2004.

1. bearing

bearing
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a bit of a problem, I'm needing to connect a sky box to a projector(simple in itself) but they are approximately 20 metres apart and the only route between the two is via external walls.

I'm wondering if there is a composite video A/V cable I could use that would still give a good picture and is also rated for external use?

Any other ideas anyone may have for overcoming my problem would be most appreciated.(Apart form a wireless sender as I've already tried this route, It worked great until someones mobile phone rang or the microwave was used in the kitchen)

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    Externally, you could put any cable you want within plastic piping (e.g., HEP20, and you can get nice right-angle fixings so it looks proper where it exits and re-enters) so I wouldn't worry about it too much and just do that (if I were you).

HTH,
    Mike.

3. bearing

bearing
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After I'd typed the post, I actually thought about using some kind of trunking. As the run won't be seen from ground level it would seem an ideal solution. But thanks anyway for taking the time out to put forward an idea.

What about the type of cable? I'm a little concerned that a composite A/V cable won't produce a good quality signal over a length of 20 metres.