1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Little Tale of RPTV Woe... Full Circle

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Jenz, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The move from 32inch Sony Widescreen which hadn't given a day of grief was a well researched one or so it seemed.

In Mid-1999 I moved up to the highly regarded/reviewed Toshiba 40PW08 RPTV, an excellent 40inch Widescreen.

Then in Mid-2000 it just didnt seem big enough. So I sold it to my Brother and sold the Sony to a close friend, added some extra cash and upgraded to the highly regarded/reviewed Philips 46PP501.

6 months later in Dec 2000 it started playing up, namely convergence issues that resulted in a collapsed image. 6 Engineer visits and many hours on the phone saw it replaced with the slightly more expensive Toshiba 46WH08 again highly regarded/reviewed.

And here now 8 months later as I type that Toshiba 46 has also gone the way of all things AV - back to the Sales Store it was bought from with Convergence and Screen issues that no engineer could fix.

My desire to have an RPTV? Now fully satiated by the 120inch image from a Barco Projector thats far older than any of these screens.

But wait what happened to the Credit Note? Well that bought a new Sony 32FQ75 with enough money left over for 4 PS2 games, a new Sony VCR, 8 DVDs, a new PS2, 4 Music CDs and 3 5yr Guarantees...

The Old Sony sold to a friend? Works as well now as it ever did.

The Old Tosh 40inch? Has started showing Blue Gun only... an Engineer is on the way.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Jenz.

2. nwpsys

nwpsys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My 28inch Sony 50hz is doing fine thanks :clown:

I guess I won't be buying your Tosh from you next year now. I was relying on you there !!!

Nige