A little red beetle

Mike.P®

Pentax K10D with manual M42 mount Vivitar 90mm Macro lens.
No cropping.
This focusing lark is hard work when doing this macro stuff though :)

Strobe

Macro is tricky and tbh I don't have the patience for it :)

Can you post some exif data?

I am no expert on macro but it looks like your aperture is too wide, making your depth of field wafer thin and difficult to get the plain of focus accurate. An aperture of F16 ish is a good starting point.

Mike.P®

Macro is tricky and tbh I don't have the patience for it :)

Can you post some exif data?

I am no expert on macro but it looks like your aperture is too wide, making your depth of field wafer thin and difficult to get the plain of focus accurate. An aperture of F16 ish is a good starting point.
Yes, Aperture was F8, still trying to work out using manual lenses .. will try F16, thanks.
I must say though that the colours on the this old lens seems so much better than on my newer all auto lenses.
To be honest though I have onl had the camera a few weeks and still havent got to grips with shooting fully auto never mind anything else :)

Another shot ...

onefivenine

Novice Member
Getting anything in focus at 1:1 and beyond is a skill that needs to be developed through lots of practise. Stick with it and it will get easier. I'm still struggling with it but I can see progress in my macro work. :thumbsup: