1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little help

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Mark1973, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Mark1973

Mark1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i new here so go easy , i'm looking into buying some decent viewing componants for my living room , i.e LCD TV , DVD Player and Some kind of sound system .

Currently i have this

TV - Samsung SP43W6HP Rear Projection , this i hate its too bulky and looks hidious not even sure why i bought it .

DVD , Pioneer Home theatre system , unsure of the model but its not on their web site anymore .

What i'm looking for is a Nice LCD TV , nice DVD player and sound , help on what cables to buy etc would be a great help too .

Cheers
    Mark

2. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    You'll have to give a bit more info than that! :D

What's your budget? What size screen?

3. Mark1973

Mark1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry , More info

Screen size say 32" or maybe a little bigger but my budget is £1000
    DVD say £200

And i'm not to sure on the sound as i havn't realy seen anything yet but thats one thing i'm hoping everyone can give me some details on as well :D

Also it will be conected to Sky+ aditions will be XBox and a PS2 so will need some scarts

4. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    The Toshiba 32WL56 is under £1000 and has been getting some good reports. The latest Samsung LE32R41B has just been received by some board members just a few hours ago, and they seem very happy with it!

If you can stretch to £1200, the Hitachi 32LD7200 is absolutely excellent. I can vouch for that, because I've got one! :D

There are so many options out there, the best thing you can do is to read through these boards for a few hours! The three sets listed above are probably the best place to start, and they have self-titled threads in the first couple of pages of the forum.

I would definitely stick to the latest generation of screens. New factories have opened, and with economies of scale and general advancement of the technology, you seem to get much more TV for much less money.

Make sure the tv is HD Ready, have a look here to check:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176212

As for DVD players, check out Samsung's latest players with HDMI out and upscaling. They seem to be pretty good value. Denon 1910 is good too, but is fussy over the screen it's connected to. Some players match screens better than others. Definitely have a test-drive first.

As for sound, Denon AVR-1905. It's brilliant. I'm biased again, because I've got one, but check out magazine reviews. Think it won What Hi-Fi's product of the year...

Speakers, get the best you can afford. I've got a Wharfedale Diamond 9 cinema kit, and I love it. Someone on these boards can supply Canton speaker kits that are apparantly quite good too... Run a search, I'm sure you'll find him!