1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little help

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by TomParker, May 24, 2005.

1. TomParker

TomParker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'm going to Canada next month, and I'm considering finally buying an iPod as they're a lot cheaper over there. I'm just posting here to make sure that if I do buy my iPod over there, will it be fully compatible with my computer when I bring it back home?

Will it just be a case of buying a mains adaptor for the charger, or will there be other problems?

2. wilto

wilto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    yup you should be fine.

but remember battery life on iPods kinda suck!

3. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    You don't even need to buy a mains adaptor, you can just plug it into the computer to charge.

Or, if you want to put it in a wall socket, disconnect the end of the power supply and insert a standard UK figure-of-eight plug in the hole, then plug that into the wall.

Of course, you could buy the official UK mains adaptor from Apple if you wanted to be complete.

4. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    All you'll need to buy is the UK 3-pin plug for the Apple adapter (different sockets snap on to the Apple mains adapter) when you get back to the UK, if you want to be neat about things.

Alternatively you can just buy yourself an IEC figure of 8 cord (like you get with most VCR's, portable stereos, etc), unsnap the US plug and plug the cord directly onto the exposed socket... as you can see, the snap-in plug is effectively just an IEC figure of 8 converter.