a little help with a new project.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by kazp, Aug 31, 2013.

1. kazp

kazp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi and thank you for taking a look at my first post as a newb on this forum. I hope I have posted this in the relevant section.

I am currently renovating my living room and over the next 2 weeks will be installing a new tv and surround system and this is where I could do with some advice from someone more technically minded than myself. This will be my first proper setup and I really don't want to ***k it up.

this system I am hopefully going to be using consists of,

Sony Bravia 42" smart tv
    Cambridge audio PAHO1469 5.1 speaker package
    Sony strdh520 receiver

ps4 (eventually)
    wireless router
    sky hd box

The tv will be mounted in a chimney breast with a large alcove/shelves underneath for the skybox, receiver and router. the play station will be in its own alcove.

The speakers are quite small and will be mounted in the chimney breast and in their own alcoves either side of the chimney breast in the top corners of the room.

retrofit wifi sockets will be fitted in the alcoves along with hdmi faceplates and led's to be controlled with a smartphone.

I hope this all makes sense and not like a car crash waiting to happen!

Does anyone think this system would work well together? or not as the case may be. Any advice or tips on putting it all in would be greatly appreciated.

again, in advance thanks for any help..

kaz.

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,434
    Answered in your other thread.