1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little help to required to make my wife happy.....

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jfw, Jun 18, 2003.

1. jfw

jfw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I am sure all of you know keeping your partner happy makes for a decidedly easier life, therefore I am asking the esteemed members of this forum for a little help.......

A bit of backgorund:
    I took delivery of a PF2 about a month ago and am generally delighted with it. However my wife is very upset that when she changes channels she hs to wait a couple of seconds. This is the result of the channel change being in the 2 digit format i.e. 01 for BBC1 etc. On old TV remotes there used to be a "-/--" button that let you toggle between 1 digit and 2 digits on the channel change. On the PF2 this is not there.

My attempted remedies:
    1) phoned Toshiba Customer Service - thanked for advising of a problem they hadn't come across before - no help..
    2) Used old Tosh TV handset that had the button in question. This solved the problem until I switched off the set. One turning back on I was back to square one.
    3) tried looking in the TV menu but no reference

What I am asking for:
    Does anyone have a solution to my very little problem ? Is the answer hidden away in the mystical service or designer menus ?

Any help will make me look like a hero to my wife and for that I willl be eternally greatful.....

2. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Sorry to state the obvious but does it not have P+ P- that can be used then hopefully you can disable channels not being used so they in theroy go around in a loop. Failing that then perhaps a learning remote could be used. I.E. set it to learn 1 then when it is receiving press 2 key strokes or store macros. Other than that cant reallty help.

3. jfw

jfw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scooby, thanks for the note........using the P+ P- keys not a problem with me but beyond the technical capabilites of my wife. Also there must be a better solution than going out and buying a learning remote !!

4. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    You would think so.......but.....:confused: