A little help required

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by andy_slayta, Jan 15, 2002.

1. andy_slayta

andy_slayta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been considering buying a digital video camera for some time and while on holiday in tennirife i was given a demonstration of a panasonic digital camcorder. The camcorder had the model code DS88 on the side and although the dealer claimed to be an authentic panasonic dealer i thought that i was best to come home and buy from here to avoid import dutys and warranty trouble.

However, when i looked for the DS88 on the internet i cant find anything and wonder if the model has been renamed in the UK perhaps?

The camcorder had a 3" LCD screen, memory card capabilities for stills and the ability to switch from tape to memory card as well as a USB connector for easy transfer to PC and there was something about i-link although this could very well be the same thing, as u can see im relatively new to this). I was also intrigued by the advertisement of additional software to allow you to use the camera as a webcam.

When i looked on the what camcorder site i found that the description of the MX7 was very similar but the shop had MX5 and 6 models and the shape was slightly different.

So if anyone has any idea what model im looking for (or even better where i could get one) your help would be much appreciated.

Incidently, the price he was selling them for was the equivalent of £800 but he told me they would be about £1000 here.

Thanx

Andy