1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Little Help Required

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Lynchpin, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Lynchpin

Lynchpin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I finally succumbed and built an HTPC, it's only taken me two years or so to actually decide to build one.

Anyway, I got all the bits and bobs and flung them in a little Silverstone case, the GPU used is a Leadtek GeForce 4200Ti with DVI, VGA and a dongle for S-Video on it which is run to my Sony HS10 via DVI.

The problem is that the new software from nVidia does support custom resolutions and I can get it to output 1360x768 but the image remains on the PJ @ 1024x768. I have also tried Powerstrip and gotten the same result using that as well. What happens is that the left hand edge of the image stays static but the image does appear to change resolution and display quite correctly, in effect I end up with a 16:9 image displayed on a 4:3 screen with approx a 1/3 of the right side of the image missing.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue, is it the PJ that's the problem as it only seems to want to display a 4:3 1024x768 image or am I missing something ludicrously simple? I've been cursing at it for two nights now trying to get it to work and I'm at the point of giving up on the HTPC idea, bored 'cause it don't just work! :laugh:

Ta

K.