A little help please???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jonah, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Jonah

Jonah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Being new to this home cinema set up, I am looking for a few pointers if anyone can help.

Four years ago I purchased a Kenwood SE-A750S hi-fi system.
    I am now looking to add a DVD player .

Although the receiver (C-V350) is dolby pro logic, and has 6 channel input, how easy is it to add a DVD player and have Dolby Digital 5.1 sound.

Are there any decent DVD players available with 5.1 decoder built in and 6 channel outputs. All the players I have seen so far only seem to have 2 channel outputs.

Or, would it be better in the long term to bin my existing set up and buy a new receiver and amp altogether?

Thanks in advance for all replies,
    Jonah.

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Are there any decent DVD players available with 5.1 decoder built in and 6 channel outputs. All the players I have seen so far only seem to have 2 channel outputs.

IMHO there are lot's of players with 6 channel output around, some have even DD and DTS decoding.
    Check out some dealers which carry several brands and it should be no problem to find a player which suits your needs in term of looks, features and - most important - performance.

Or, would it be better in the long term to bin my existing set up and buy a new receiver and amp altogether?

Perhaps a good idea and surely you will yield some improvement. And don't worry then if the player has a decoder or not, as long as it has a digital output (and all do have that) you will be fine; just ignore the decoder then (saves you some cabling, too).

3. Jonah

Jonah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers mate, thanks for the advice.
    What does IMHO mean by the way?

4. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned: