A little help please

Rays545i

Novice Member
hi
I have just bought a new Panasonic 65FX700B and I have my old 5.1 kef speakers with a Denon AVR x2000 that says it will pass 4K though my sky Q for uhd
But I have tried everything
If I plug sky box directly into tv it’s fantastic (4K is awesome) but I want all my sources though my amp easier and neater

Think is something to do with 2.2 hdmi
Not sure

Thanks very much in advance

fxv300

I suspect the Denon AVR x2000 does not support HDCP 2.2. so 4K content which is protected by HDCP 2.2 will not work. One solution may be to use an optical cable to pass sound back to the Denon AVR x2000 whilst connecting video source from SKY Q directly to TV.

mushii

Distinguished Member
Reading the spec it appears that your AVR will scale a 1080p input to 4K and will allow 4K passthrough in standby, but it will not process a 4K input.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Older amps like this don't have HDCP 2.2 and Q won't work without 2.2....
This amp doesn't seem to support hdmi arc, so an optical cable will have to be used.
I don't believe $ky Q stuff, so far, uses any HD audio formats at which point it would make sense to upgrade the AVR.

gav_sw20

Make sure your Sky Q box isn’t set to PICTURE RESOLUTION=2160p UHD. Set it to =1080p HD

My (non 4K) projector does this when I forget I have watched a Premiership game in UHD.

Rays545i

Novice Member
Thanks did all you reply’s
Just upgraded and bought a denon Avr x2500h that’s the latest one and has hdmi 2.2 and should work with all the hdmi’s going in the receiver then one hdmi straight into the tv
That should I think let me listen in 5.1 AND watch 4K UHD though skyQ box

Any problems I will back back for help
People on here are very very helpful
Cheers
Ray

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom