a little help please

newboy2008

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe wrong forum but I could do with some help with setting up my sky Hd box with the new "home cinema system"I have purchased.Model number Lg HT762TZ.I want to connect sky hd to this system.The only lead in the box was a scart lead(great :rolleyes:).Is it only the "digital audio out" ie coax or optical that will give me the best sound or do i just connect audio L and R out on sky box to sound system.I just tried to purchase a optical cable from Local supermarkets but they dont seem to sell them.The home cinema system does not have a digital coax input.Iam very confused.Could anyone help me sort this please.?:oops:

Maybe wrong forum but I could do with some help with setting up my sky Hd box with the new "home cinema system"I have purchased.Model number Lg HT762TZ.I want to connect sky hd to this system.The only lead in the box was a scart lead(great :rolleyes:).Is it only the "digital audio out" ie coax or optical that will give me the best sound or do i just connect audio L and R out on sky box to sound system.I just tried to purchase a optical cable from Local supermarkets but they dont seem to sell them.The home cinema system does not have a digital coax input.Iam very confused.Could anyone help me sort this please.?:oops:

Coaxial or optical out will give you DD5.1 surround sound on Sky Movies and HD channels. Left and right stereo connections will only give you stereo sound - not surround sound.

Optical cables are available on Amazon for a couple of quid.

this is tricky so I had to get access to the manual via lg and on first reading it does not look like a good buy. The trick is take your time and read carefully.

To get HD from your sky hd box the solution is to connect a HDMI cable from the sky box to either a tv or an amp. On your set up on first look there is no facility to connect hdmi input, the hdmi is output only. In other words it wont work with sky hd but I may have missed something.

How old is your sky HD box ie does it have component out??

gbmitie

As Broadz said, you'll need an optical cable from Sky HD box to your LG. Supermarkets not usually the easiest places to find these. Amazon, or if you're in a hurry, Comet, Dixons, PC World, Maplins etc etc tonight/tomoz. HDMI cable also needed from LG to HDMI 2 (?) on your telly ( for DVD playback ).

Can't see the problem here............

Connect Sky HD direct to TV via HDMI

Connect Sky HD to sound system with an optical audio cable. :smashin:

I use a Belkin cable similar to THIS ONE and it works faultlessly.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
this is tricky so I had to get access to the manual via lg and on first reading it does not look like a good buy. The trick is take your time and read carefully.

To get HD from your sky hd box the solution is to connect a HDMI cable from the sky box to either a tv or an amp. On your set up on first look there is no facility to connect hdmi input, the hdmi is output only. In other words it wont work with sky hd but I may have missed something.

How old is your sky HD box ie does it have component out??

gbmitie

The OP isn't considering feeding a high definition picture from Sky HD box to home cinema - therefore, there is no need to advise connecting HDMI from Sky box to home cinema. All the OP wants to use the home cinema for, in relation to the Sky box, is to hear DD surround sound when available. A HDMI connection wouldn't give that anyway.

That is why the OP must use an optical connection for audio from Sky box to home cinema. And a HDMI cable from Sky box to TV.

Stop suggesting other methods of connecting Sky box to amp - there are no other methods (component????), and you are purely adding confusion.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom