A little help needed with a 5508 and a UP-A1 please?

mcclane22

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Not really sure where to post this so thought i'd try here.

I purchased an Onkyo UP-A1 ipod dock today for my 5508. I can get sound through my 80gb ipod classic but no display information or video playback on my tv and I have the tv connected with HDMI. I also can't seem to get my iphone 3g working with it either. And to top it off I can't get the 5508's remote to work with it also. When I connect my ipod with just a usb cable on the front of the 5508 I can get on screen display on my tv and the remote works.

Is there something simple i'm missing here?

Could someone shed a little light please before I check myself in to the local nut house!!!!

Hi,

I have the same Processor And I-Phone Dock, I will have a go tommorow, and update.

Have you looked at the settings in the menu ??

Baz

Hi,

I have the same Processor And I-Phone Dock, I will have a go tommorow, and update.

Have you looked at the settings in the menu ??

Baz

Hi Baz,
Thanks for your reply and that would be brilliant if you could do that :thumbsup: I've only had my 5508 for a couple of months and i've spent most of that time setting it up for home cinema and playing around with Audyssey. I love this beast and has been the best audio purchase i've made :)

I haven't looked into settings for the ipod until today so i'm hoping it's just something i've missed! There's a lot of menus on it that I haven't even got round to playing with yet!

Thanks again :)

hi,

I Have a iphone 4, and all works fine. it works fine with photo slideshows, music, You Tube.

Are all you Devices updated with the latest firmware ???.
you could try resetting the onkyo back to defualt settings. make a note of your speaker setup from the menu, unless you want to do the audyssey setup again.

While the onkyo is on, Press and hold the vcr button on the onkyo (not remote), then press the standby button, a message should appear saying Clear. its a plug & play device and does not require setting up via menu.

good luck

Baz

hi,

I Have a iphone 4, and all works fine. it works fine with photo slideshows, music, You Tube.

Are all you Devices updated with the latest firmware ???.
you could try resetting the onkyo back to defualt settings. make a note of your speaker setup from the menu, unless you want to do the audyssey setup again.

While the onkyo is on, Press and hold the vcr button on the onkyo (not remote), then press the standby button, a message should appear saying Clear. its a plug & play device and does not require setting up via menu.

good luck

Baz

Hi Baz,
Thanks for your suggestions. All the firmware on everything is up to date and that hasn't solved it :thumbsdow I reset the Onkyo to try that and no luck either.

I after I tried those I rang Onkyo technical support and explained everything down to the last deatail and they think the UP-A1 is faulty so i'll be sorting out a replacement and hopefully that will sort it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom