Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

A little help /advice please PANASONIC NV-DS27

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by chloebean, Jul 5, 2005.

1. chloebean

chloebean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - i am new here so please bear with me...

I have a PANASONIC NV-DS27 and i want to put video on my PC with it, which i cant at present as i dont seem to have the right leads to do it (and not sure whether i have compatible software?)

I am tempted to sell it and buy something else? Is it worth doing that or should i stick with it? I want to edit on the computer really badly. Also the bit where you put a tape in, one of the cogs that turns it keeps coming loose/ comes off. It will cost a lot to fix, so as i say, am i better of getting a new one?

Any advice / models you could recommend??

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In response to the first part of your question - it would help you if you read this thread :-
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224902
    and the other threads identified within it.

regarding the second bit - if cogs etc. are falling out of your camcorder it sounds like it's time for a replacement - what if the bit falls out while you are on a "once in a lifetime" trip and you lose all your video. read some of the many posts in this forum for suggestions for a new camcorder.

3. chloebean

chloebean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks -

I knew firewire had something to do with it. I have a port for it on my camcorder, but cant seem to get a cable? where could i get one from? I have looked previously but cant seem to see anything?

If i do cut my losses and get a new one, what do people recommend
    ?