A little disappointed to find ...

CodeThief

Established Member
Reaction score
"Made in China" stickers on the back of my Q1s this morning. Happened to be walking past the back and thought I check the binding posts and saw these little black stickers. Hmph, so much for British Hifi!! :(

Dave

Dave,
Don't be disappointed at all. China has amonst the best production facilities in the world. I often travelled there during my fashion business days to do some quality control. Those people produce superb quality merchandise and really take care as well as have pride in their work.
I often met other people in the hotel who had come from all over the world that had also come over to QC whatever their company was producing.
Same story. Very stable, high quality production in everything whether it be electronics, speakers, lighting, fashion items, or whatever.
Next time you buy a Ralph Lauren garment or similar. Check the label.
One day, you will probably look at most anything and it will say, "Made in China" so I would start getting used to it.
Its only a matter of time when they will be the worlds biggest exporters (and importers) of everything.

Eric

Hi Dave,

Please don't despair. The production facility in China belongs to us (KEF).
Every aspect of design, development and acoustic research/balancing is done here at Maidstone. We still believe in creating the products here but merely assembling them in China.
For us to produce the "Q" series here in the UK, would mean almost doubling the RRP. By assembling them in China, we can keep transfer and retail costs down, and more importantly, a saving for you, our customers. Labour here in the UK is very expensive (as you are probably aware), and the sheer volumes of product we produce would mean that we would need a factory the size of Boeing's to accomodate all the production lines.

So, anything KEF is still very much a British product, from the initial industrial design, through to sitting on your living room floor reproducing your favourite tunes. The only difference is, our Chinese colleagues have carefully prepared them for you.

Hope this calms your fears......

Best Regards

Wow,

Thanks for the replies guys :) I've got a little warm fuzzy feeling inside now :) :D

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom