A little comparison/advice please

Dollarman

Standard Member
Hello everyone,

Intend on having a small'ish setup for the bedroom. Just deciding on what fronts to have and thought some of you guys on the forum might be able to help me make an informed decision..

B&W Team Solid vs JBL Control 1

Both are being offered to me at £60 a pair.

Which one is the better speaker (running off yamaha DSP-AX640)?

Is this price reasonable?

Thanks all.

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
Dont know a great deal about either but they look a bit 'budget' to me to be honest, more like very good desktop pc speakers. One thing though, the B&Ws can be had for £50 here. I think your better off looking at some (slightly larger) more traditional bookshelf speakers.

For a stand alone Hi fi type setup I think you really need to look at the MA BR1/XTZ 93wmt/Dali Lektor (in ascending cost order) type speakers, although that may be more than what you want to spend. I suppose it depends if you just want to keep cost to bare minimum for a background music setup, or if you would like a nice little system you can really enjoy while relaxing in your room.

Dollarman

Standard Member
It's just the space I'm worried about.

I see what you mean about getting bookshelf (was looking at the B&W 601's) but I simply don't have that much room.. Have to find a decent sound from smaller speakers.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom