1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little advice needed from Pio AXA5Ai owners

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by thanley, Jun 30, 2005.

1. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Have just taken delivery of the above amp/receiver and have a question on the auto setup and active subs.. what vol and cut/cross over off freq should I set my sub to before I run the mcacc setup? The manual only says to set the vol high but makes no mention of freq.. whilst deciding on which amp to buy I was looking at the yamaha range and the ypao setup has the active sub at about 1/3 vol and cross over set to max.. two different technologies, but I would have though very sim principles.. anways thoughts suggestion would be very much appreciated.. (almost forgot to add.. am having to use my old yammy YST SW120 sub )

thanks
    Tony :)

2. ancientgeek

ancientgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't got the AX5Ai, but I think the answers are turn up the volume (eg halfway) and the crossover frequency. You want to let the AX5Ai determine these, so don't hobble it by turning down the sub volume or having it cut off higher frequencies itself.

Once it's done the MCACC you can look to see if the volume setting was OK (MCACC shouldn't need to have to boost or cut sub level hugely).

3. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Thanks for the advice ancient.. will give it a go later.. :thumbsup: