A list of Receivers

sannitig

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Backstory:

Had a 2.0 system, I found a sound bar, sold my Onkyo 609, bought the Harmon Kardon SB 26, set it up, listened to it, packed it right the fudge back up and now I'm on a "help choose a receiver even though I just had one a few days ago" thread... FML

I still have my polk RTi4s. I use this as my tv speakers. I listen loud to music mostly (wifi streaming with amazing onkyo app) and the odd movie night. Musically my current set up was very enjoyable, movies - not so much but that's my fault for not having a sub. I may end up buying one just for movie nights after this.

Can you guys give me your opinions on the receivers from the uploaded pictures? I can also get a Denon AVR1912 used for $225 and it's in my neighbourhood on craigslist, I've read that's a good one. Most importantly, I enjoyed the sound and power from the TX-NR609 and don't want anything less, 7.2 was a bit overkill though, not needed as I only have 2.0 right now and will never have 7.2

Attachments

• slide 1.JPG
    slide 1.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 30
  • slide 2.JPG
    slide 2.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 35
Common sense would dictate that if you liked the Onyko you had before, then you should just buy another? Maybe even go for a slight upgrade and get the next model up?

This makes the most sense to me.

They no longer sell the 609. They do have the 626 though, I believe these have a high failure rate. But I'm coming to the boards to see if my money would be better spent in another product.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom