A list of Receivers

sannitig

Novice Member
Hey Guys,

Backstory:

Had a 2.0 system, I found a sound bar, sold my Onkyo 609, bought the Harmon Kardon SB 26, set it up, listened to it, packed it right the fudge back up and now I'm on a "help choose a receiver even though I just had one a few days ago" thread... FML

I still have my polk RTi4s. I use this as my tv speakers. I listen loud to music mostly (wifi streaming with amazing onkyo app) and the odd movie night. Musically my current set up was very enjoyable, movies - not so much but that's my fault for not having a sub. I may end up buying one just for movie nights after this.

Can you guys give me your opinions on the receivers from the uploaded pictures? I can also get a Denon AVR1912 used for $225 and it's in my neighbourhood on craigslist, I've read that's a good one. Most importantly, I enjoyed the sound and power from the TX-NR609 and don't want anything less, 7.2 was a bit overkill though, not needed as I only have 2.0 right now and will never have 7.2

Attachments

• slide 1.JPG
    slide 1.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 27
  • slide 2.JPG
    slide 2.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 32

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Common sense would dictate that if you liked the Onyko you had before, then you should just buy another? Maybe even go for a slight upgrade and get the next model up?

This makes the most sense to me.

sannitig

Novice Member
They no longer sell the 609. They do have the 626 though, I believe these have a high failure rate. But I'm coming to the boards to see if my money would be better spent in another product.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom