A Link between Worlds (no spoilers)

donnababe

Ex Member
Reaction score
At last I finished what started out (22years ago) to be one of the most engaging games I ever played Link to the past, at last I can go back,

Just finished the game and for those who haven't finished it yet I wont spoil but the last 20minutes is pure old school Nintendo magic really made me LOVE video gaming again big grins even with some hand cramp (3ds couple hours finger pain) how can Nintendo put so much love into the 3ds and not wii u?

really felt like I was back in the glory days of snes.

amazing game! Hero mode time and much more rigur mortice in the hands :)

Zelda rules
At last I finished what started out (22years ago) to be one of the most engaging games I ever played Link to the past, at last I can go back,

Just finished the game and for those who haven't finished it yet I wont spoil but the last 20minutes is pure old school Nintendo magic really made me LOVE video gaming again big grins even with some hand cramp (3ds couple hours finger pain) how can Nintendo put so much love into the 3ds and not wii u?

really felt like I was back in the glory days of snes.

amazing game! Hero mode time and much more rigur mortice in the hands :)

Zelda rules!!!

I'm getting my 3ds xl next week (birthday present) and am looking forward to playing this.
I've not enjoyed a Zelda game since a link to the past due to not having a Nintendo console since the SNES days (apart from when I owned a Wii for about 2 months, didn't like the Zelda on there)

I got this at launch, but only played a bit as had a load of other games to play. Just gone back to it over the last few days and wow, what a great game. I think I'm quite near the end now, but this has been an amazing game and I really don't want it to end :).

This could well be my all time favourite Zelda game and is certainly up there with LTTP and OOT for me. :)

Awesome! I still haven't got around to picking it up unfortunately. Got a wedding to save for and a huge backlog so I'm trying to work through that first. But once I finish Pokemon Y, Phoenix Wright, Bravely Default, Luigi's Mansion 2, Kid Icaurs and Mario & Luigi I'll be right on it. :)

Awesome! I still haven't got around to picking it up unfortunately. Got a wedding to save for and a huge backlog so I'm trying to work through that first. But once I finish Pokemon Y, Phoenix Wright, Bravely Default, Luigi's Mansion 2, Kid Icaurs and Mario & Luigi I'll be right on it. :)
You're in for a treat, it's a belting game :).

Now when does the e shop update, I want NFC!

Got a bit into this, played a few hours ... and then got stuck. Not sure what I need to do to open any of the remaining areas so haven't played this for months now.

Got a bit into this, played a few hours ... and then got stuck. Not sure what I need to do to open any of the remaining areas so haven't played this for months now.
Must admit that I did the same. Played a bit when I got it, got to a spot where I didn't know what to do next and left it. Came back to it, did a thorough search of the map, found something and went from there. Glad I did though as it's really got into the game proper now and it's amazing. Some really great and inventive dungeons, especially with the 2d wall moving.

Thinking of buying this as big Zelda fan but have a question though.
Can you play this game with the slider right down as I can't see 3D I'm afraid and just wondering if this will cause issues with any of the puzzles etc.
Cheers.:)

It'll work just fine with the 3D switched off.

So this is a good game then?

It's one of the best games on the 3DS, made even more enjoyable if you have fond memories of it's predecessor on the SNES.
I played all the old school zeldas

If I didn't have a massive backlog full of great games then I would pick this up in a heartbeat. I haven't played Zelda in YEARS!

Been playing this over the past 2 days. Epic. Reminds me of the old one. Cant remember which system it was on or what it was called but that one was awesome and playing this now brings back fond memories.

Not digging the addition of food though. Can't help but think they are trying to mess with a good thing just because.

Been playing this over the past 2 days. Epic. Reminds me of the old one. Cant remember which system it was on or what it was called but that one was awesome and playing this now brings back fond memories.

A Link To The Past on the SNES :thumbsup:

YES, that's it... is this emulated on the Wii U?

I believe it is available on Wii U in all regions, I really want them to release it on the 3DS eshop, actually I might see if I can acquire it on cartridge for my Gameboy SP.

My problem with this game is that it's somewhat difficult to figure out where to go next. It gives you a lot of freedom to do things but it does not tell you which place to go first or how to get certain things... like the sand rod. I completed the flipper chick dungeon first in Loryule and then when I looked at the guide to figure out what to do next it said I was supposed to go to the thieves den first. Whoopsy.

It was one of the five games on my 'buy once the wedding's out the way' list, but couldn't wait till August :)
It is one of the few games I've played to completion in the past 4 years of gaming across 6 platforms and hundreds of games.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom