A liitle bit of help choosing a screen please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by m4ccam, Aug 20, 2012.

1. m4ccam

m4ccam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    It needs to be leccy and work via a 12v trigger. I will make an mdf box and mount it inside and have it drop through a slot in the ceiling. I can fit something thats 230cm wide, the case can be larger. The screen drops down in front of the window but the curtains block most of the light. The room does have a white ceiling and the wife has a mirror half way along one wall that reflects a bit of light. Budget around 600 qiud. Projector is a HD20

Cheers
    Andy

2. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The grandview cyberscreen is of top quality and with many sizes with a choice of materials I believe. My screen is also housed in a pelmet and I was trying to put pics on here but for some reason they would not load :(:confused:. I got a great deal from Carl at IntoAV:smashin:, give him a ring and discuss your requirements...heres a link to their website...

Grandview Cyber - Home Cinema Projector Screens, Manual Pull Down Screens, Pull Down Projection Screens, Electric Screens, Electric Projector Screens

I believe IntoAV may be the main agents for this screen but not too sure....

3. m4ccam

m4ccam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I have been looking at screens for a while now but these look like just what I need Thanks.

4. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Your welcome mate, I know what it's like trying to get the right screen, it took me a long time as well, you won't be disappointed with this one though, very good quality...and reasonably priced. I was trying to put pics on here of my screen in the pelmet but it failed for some reason....:facepalm:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  5. m4ccam

m4ccam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Well I spoke to Carl today and I think I have got a screen sorted

6. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15

Well done mate and welcome to the fun.....:thumbsup:
    Here's the pics

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  7. m4ccam

m4ccam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Thats just about how I would like mine to turn out but in the ceiling.

The screen came yesterday and I have put it up on to the ceiling for now.
    I don't know if it has a fualt as i can't set it to drop properley, it goes all the way down until the black border runs out and then goes back up to where it should be.

8. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    There are two adjustments you need to make and they are on the left of the screen inside it - you will find two screws. There should be like a small rubber grommet which needs to be removed (you can just see it next to the two screws on the surface of the screen casing (underside) in my pics above) and you should have had an alan key with which you can adjust the drop of the screen and also the retraction. Once you move the rubber grommet, you can see the two screws inside but make sure the screen is fully retracted before you look inside through the hole. Make sure that when the screen is retracted and in the casing, you don't continue to hear a whirring sound as this means the motor could burn out and you don't want that happening.
    Turning the screws clockwise/anti clockwise will adjust the screen drop and retraction...you may need to play with it a bit or do what I did and that was to speak to Carl at IntoAV whilst standing with the screen switched on and he then talked me through the adjustments....best of luck but it is simple once you know how and I've adjusted mine several times since...;)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  9. m4ccam

m4ccam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I spoke to Carl and Adam this morning and it seems the screen is faulty so they are going to send a replacement out. It didn't matter how many times I turned the white screw it just kept going all the way down then back up to somwhere near where it should be stopping. What I did find a little strange was the screen has a small kink in it also a small dirt mark quite high up and no gromet in the adjustment hole. The packaging was fully in tact though.
    I looked up the instructions on the net a few days ago so I could get it set up and working.

10. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Blimey, I'm sorry to hear that...I'm sure they will send you out a new replacement screen. When you get it, make sure there are no dents in the casing and that the grommet is in place and finally make sure the screen itself is flat and clean. If any of those are not right, then you have a right to a new replacement/refund if you wish. Hopefully your replacement screen will be ok though...let us know and also put some piccies up on here once it's up...the screen that is...:devil:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  11. m4ccam

m4ccam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Will do
    I put Hugo on and watched half an hour, it looks really good so I'm well pleased with the screen it's a shame about the setting.

12. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15

Yeah I know what you mean, but hopefully your new screen will be fine and you'll be able to adjust it properly...like you say, it's a great screen with so much flexibility that some of the others don't give for the price...