Wanted A laptop for £120 or less

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Sable, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Sable

Sable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    A friend has asked me to find a cheap but reliable laptop for a bargain price so I come asking here.

Prefer a proper mobile CPU as opposed to an atom or E-series. Dual core 2Ghz + if possible (not lower than 1.7Ghz solid floor).

GPU: unimportant, provided it can display an HD stream without stuttering (GMA 4500 or similar)

2GB Ram minimum

Hdd: 100GB + only

Servicable Battery required(1.5hrs or so)

No OS required.

Light cosmetic damage is acceptable. wear marks and scuffs are fine, no cracks, splits or large chips

Ironically I just sold two such laptops recently (http://www.avforums.com/forums/archived-complete-expired-adverts/1716289-sale-two-cheap-laptops.html), but now I am looking for similar systems.

If you do not match any of the criteria above, please don't bother posting as I am rigid with these specifics. For a really good match I may move slightly on budget, but not more than 10-15%

Cash waiting for suitable match.

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

2. sagor

sagor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
  3. Krooner

Krooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +513
  4. eyecu00

eyecu00

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Toshiba L300 unmarked with power cable?

Not sure if the specs meet your requirements but I no longer need this laptop

5. Sable

Sable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    While I would say you are asking fair prices only the L300 offered by eyecu00 might actually exceed the spec I have asked for.

The n200 would require hdd, ram and cpu so I am afraid it is out.

Because this is for a friend and I am quite busy at the mo, I don't really want to take on the X61 as I would have to upgrade the HDD and RAM, which I would probably have to source here too, which will involve 3 deliveries and just a little bit too much effort. Though I am sure it could be done for my budget due to your keen pricing. I suspect someone will snap that up soon enough as it is a fair deal.

eyecu00 could you please give me the exact model number as written on the base of the laptop and your price. A quick google shows a spec of 1.8Ghz duo CPU, 160GB HDD and 2GB RAM, for the -11C model, which would be a perfect match for my requirements, but I would like to be sure.

Also what is the condition of the battery?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. Krooner

Krooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +513
    I've go an extra 1GB stick of ram I could drop in the x61 if you took it at asking.

7. sagor

sagor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    hi, the n200 has a 120gb hard drive, and do you mean the psu in which case it has one.

8. Mikey B

Mikey B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    WHat about THIS I know it wants a battery but they're not too expensive. Let me know.

9. riget

riget
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I've got a CQ61 hp compaq, in good condition with a few little marks,
    the specs are, amd sempron m100 2.0ghz, 2gb ram, 250gb hdd, amd m880g with radion hd4200 graphics, am after £120 plus post at cost.
    comes with original hp charger.

Attached Files:

10. terriers

terriers
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  11. Sable

Sable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have experienced using 1.6Ghz dual core CPU's before and I simply cannot recommend it to my friend. An awful lot of apps are single threaded and I put the floor under the CPU speed for a reason.

The hassle of upgrading a CPU is a lot more than just Ram and an HDD, I am simply unwilling to do it.

That goes too for the other offer with the T2330. 1.6Ghz is too low

As for the sempron it is a single core (as far as I understand AMD CPU's) and hence I am not interested.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, but I have a feeling that I will go with the eyecu00's offer (maybe, not firm, still awaiting response).

The X61 is next prefered choice esp with the RAM upgrade performed for me, however again I will wait and see about the above first. Also I am unsure of the 12" screen if that is an advantage or not, I will have to ask my friend if he wants portability or more for entertainment (movies etc.)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  12. silent

silent
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    X61 here. 2 ghz processor, 2 gig ram, 250 gig hdd. battery appears fine but not really tested it. xp license on base.

looking for £140 inc for it. nice condition.

13. Sable

Sable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Thank you for the offer silent but I feel krooner is offering a much better price, the only thing yours has over his is the larger HDD, but personally I do not think it is worth the price difference of £65.

I also spoke to the friend I am buying this for and he wants at least a 14"-15" screen as he will be watching movies and stuff on it.

I wish eyecu00 would respond as so far his is the best match (possibly, specs not detailed enough to know)

14. silent

silent
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I have a HP NC 6320 as well. 15" for 120. 80 gig ssd in that one.

15. eyecu00

eyecu00

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The model number is L300D -242. This laptop was used by my sister whilst at university mostly in her accommodation. I cant see it being used much, and the condition is unmarked.
    I would accept £120 and postage. The battery looks to be good, but to be honest with you I don't know much about the laptop as it was left at home since she moved abroad and its been sitting in the computer room and was hoping to sell at some point.

Feel free to make some kind of offer and ask further questions. Thanks

16. Sable

Sable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    ah, ok.

Well that is a sempron based (single core) unit and as such I am not interested. Thank you for your response though.

So far I have not found a good match here. Krooner, you were easily the closest it turns out, but my friend was pretty put off by the small monitor.

I will keep looking here and elsewhere, so if something comes up please let me know.

Cheers!

17. mikes

mikes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Dell 1545, C2d T4300, 2 gb RAM, 320 GB HD, Win7.

Works fine off the charger and I thought the battery was gone. However now it seems to be fine as I tried another charger. BAttery shows 2hours+. May just need a new charger.

With this possible fault I would sell for £120 inc.

18. Sable

Sable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    @ mikes: I will put it to my friend, that is indeed a perfect match, depending on the battery. Will try to get back to you very soon