A.I. lip sync on sky movies

taimur

Standard Member
Reaction score
I was watching A.I. tonight on sky movies (via NTL cable) and noticed particularly in the scenes where Jude Law was talking outside of Dr Know that there were lip sync problems.

However, it was only on Sky Movies Widescreen and not on the 4:3 Sky Movies Premier channel.

Also, it appeared that the voice was coming out after the lips were moving. If that is indeed the case, then I would have thought that an AV receiver with master audio delay would only make things worse. Is that the case?

I have an NTL pace box with an RF output to my Sony 29" 4:3 TV and was listening to the TV sound

Taimur

Where I come from (farming country in Yorkshire) "A.I." refers to "Artificial Insemination" and relates to cows. Not sure what you are referring to but maybe that's why nobody has dared to answer!

;)

Thanks for the enlightenment! The A.I. to which I was referring was a film called Artificial Intelligence with Jude Law and the annoying kid from the film about him seeing dead people with Bruce Willis (if that makes any sense!)

Taimur

Unfortunately, occasional lip-sync problems is considered "normal" with digital transmissions - satellite or Freeview.

You can try changing channel, switching to standby or rebooting to clear the fault.

Some Plasma TVs introduce a delay due to picture processing. (Try before you buy!)

Fman

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom