1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A.I. DVD audio disc

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Jeff, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    While in Aus I found a shop wth a few DVDAudio titles, since I didn't own any I decided to buy one to try out. The one I went for was the soundtrack to A.I. The disc contains both surround and stereo versions of the track. I don't have the video DVD and don't own any other DVD Audio titles to compare against. The surround version didn't sound quite right to me. I then listened to the stereo track, this was much better and miles better than CD playback from my setup. To me it really shows up the lack of quality in the source material that I had previously been used to in CDs and to some extent DVD video. I just need to figure out why the surround sound didn't quite work, I'll need to get a few more DVD-A's with both surround and stereo tracks to compare.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Thanks, that sort of explains things. I'm not sure about Stuart Robinsons comment about the regualar CD offering similar levels of quality. Maybe on his very expensive setup. For me the 2 channel mix is far superior to anything I've listened to on CD. I'm glad I bought this DVD because it shows the mediums potential as a stereo format (if not surround sound)

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jeff

The Eagles "Hotel California" not only have a great surround mix but they have "uped the anti" with the stereo mix offering it in 196khz 24 bit.

Awsom

Regards from a Little Aussie Blighter

5. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Sounds like the one to get next, which is the best site to order from?

Cheers,

Jeff

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jeff

I have always found

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/

Its very reliable (For those of us living in Aussie anyway) and I have noticed it mentioned by others on this forum.

Besides the exchange rate will be great going your way.

I was looking for a title there last night and noticed Hotel California is out of stock at the moment, but they generally don't too long to restock.

Thats what I like about this mob: they tell you if the title is in stock, email you when an order is placed, and yet another one when it is dispatched.

Regards John :)