A huge Recomendation to Aclass Technology and their HDMI Matrix

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by ap1981, Jun 20, 2015.

1. ap1981

ap1981
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all.

I don't normally post these kind of threads as I find as a whole its very hard to find a company nowadays that goes above and beyond of whats expected of them when supplying a product - for the best part its take your money and thank you and goodbye sir, however Aclass technology has proved that theory wrong as there service especially after sales has been nothing short of outstanding.

Earlier in the year I posted a question on AVforums enquiring about an HD Matrix as I was toying with the idea of Running Cat6 cable throughout the house i had just moved in to, As I was about to embark on a complete renovation it seemed the logical idea - 4500sqft would have required umpteen sky boxes to get a decent sky signal in most of the rooms.

Anyway Seb from Aclass was one of the people to reply to that thread along with another vendor and after weighing up the products I decided to go with Aclass.

As the renovation had taken a bit longer than anticipated I decided to delay taking delivery of the product as I had only left a deposit and it would have sat in the box idol, However this worked in my favour as the latest model received from Aclass also has mirrored HDMI outputs which come in extremely handy as in my front room I have a TV as well as a projector and a couple of the ensuite bathrooms also have TV's so can run alongside the tv's in the bedrooms without using up any of the standard 1-8 outputs.

The product works extremely well - I went for the 8 in 8 out model, There is no loss of picture quality and it seems to run extremely cool - a problem i have read about with other brands.

I terminated all of the cat6 cables under the stairs where i relocated the sky boxes along with router apple tv etc - My only advice with anyone looking to undertake this is don't bother with shielded cat6 - they are an absolute nightmare to terminate and from what I've read since installing don't add that much value to a domestic installation.

Unfortunately as I'm not that technical I cant go into too much detail about the product however this is where Seb has been invaluable - His after sales service has been nothing short of amazing answering numerous emails late into the night to get me up and running and even answering questions with my installation, I even purchased some LightwaveRF Light switches from him as he was the cheapest I could find and he bent over backwards to help me out with some issues I was having.

I would thoroughly recommend Seb and Aclass Technology and will be using them again for any future purchases that i May require for my HDMI or LightwaveRF needs.

Happy to answer any questions anyone may have on the HDMI Matrix or my cat6 installation - With the help of Seb of course :).

2. Mr_Wistles

Mr_Wistles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Hello,

Happy to read this as I have just bought a matrix from Seb for a new project I am starting at the end of this month.

How are you dealing with the heat in the cupboard under your stairs? I was planning to install the unit and associated boxes there also but I am starting to worry about ventilation issues.

3. TheDean

TheDean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Really interested in reading your thread as I'm in a similar situation. Bought a house which needs gutting and want to put in a matrix, CAT6 & Wi-Fi repeaters. Can you tell me more about the cabling I would need? Specifically, what CAT6 spec should I be installing? Also, I did think about installing Co-ax (HD100) as well. Would a matrix make this pointless?