A HUGE big thank you to Toshiba !

MJeeves

I just want to personally thank Toshiba UK for their excellent support and for listening to Forum members. I think they have been second to none in terms of taking on board peoples suggestions and feedback and I thank them for that. They have been superb to deal with.

Unless something unforeseen happens, I have been informed that Firmware 4.0 will probably be the last update and it certainly seems to be working superbly (no more jaggies and disc issues etc!). I think Toshiba have really delivered some cracking pieces of kit and have continued to support them. So... kudos to Toshiba and to Simon in particular. Thank you!!! :thumbsup:

kingfats

Distinguished Member
I just want to personally thank Toshiba UK for their excellent support and for listening to Forum members. I think they have been second to none in terms of taking on board peoples suggestions and feedback and I thank them for that. They have been superb to deal with.

:
Damn straight.

vib ribbon

Banned
I agree!

There are so may many companies out there that dont bother sorting out issues so this comes as a breath of fresh air.

Of course, you could argue that hardware should work flawlessly out of the box and shouldnt require updates, but we all know this never happens and its great Toshiba have stuck by the players and kept working to get it as right as possible.

:clap:

Bald Monkey

Novice Member
Although Toshiba have been handling faulty players very well, efficiently and without making the customer jump through hoops. It's taken them what? over 6 months to sort out the 1080/24P jaggies? And they still have not addressed the playback problems on the 3rd Gen players detailed in the forum hardware reviews.... So should we really thank them for now saying that's it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Review from 15/01/08

EP30 is in our minds a missed opportunity at this point for all round greatness, but if you are prepared for cheap build quality and good HD playback, mixed with a few issues that may or may not be fixed by firmware and your using a quality display, you probably cannot argue with the sub £200 price point. Cheap HD is here, just not quite as perfect as it could be, but the fact is, it may still get better!"

HD Noise reduction - 15 out of a possible 25 points
HD Video Resolution Loss - 0 out of 20
Video Reconstruction test - 5 out of 20
Film Resolution Loss test - 0 out of 20
film Resolution Loss Test (Stadium) - 0 out of 10
Thats 20 out of a possible 100 :eek:

and SD DVD playback isn't much better scoring 44 out of 80...

What a shame they didn't bother....

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom