1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Happy Rio Carbon Owner

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by AgentCool, Jul 11, 2005.

1. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    In the spirit of the forums to recommend great products I just thought I'd point out amongst all this 'iPod' talk how excellent the Rio Carbon is, and also, how fantastic their customer service is.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Rio Carbon (Silver) from Amazon.co.uk but found it was subject to the headphone static problem when using my Sennheiser PX100s. Although this could be solved by plugging the headphones in and then pulling them out about 1mm, I e-mailed Rio Customer Service regarding the problem. I got a reply within 6 hours and they sent me a headphone extender and plastic washer for free which I received within a week from Holland.

On the subject of the player itself, it sounds utterly fantastic, has an interface I find less irritating than the infamous iPod 'click wheel' and I'm getting around 15/16 hours out of it per charge even when changing songs regularly. What's more, its got a 5GB drive, weighs almost nothing and costs about £130.

Sorry to sound like an advertisement but I really think Rio deserve a lot of credit in facing up to the iPod-saturated portables market, and in my opinion, producing the best mini device. Hopefully more people will buy this player and show Apple that not everyone is a lemming.

2. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Nice one

Been thinking about buying one of the referb ones

3. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +632
    Also have a Rio Nitrus, basically the 1.5GB version of the same unit. Also believe its excellent value for money.

4. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I am sure I have read that its not as good as the Carbon and that the Carbon is a better unit and buy