A guide to using the Thanks Button

Razor

Distinguished Member
When someone helps you with a problem or says something complimentary please locate and push the thanks button to show your appreciation.

Some members seem to think having a high thanks given count is a sign of technical weakness when it is in fact a sign of good manners.

Just in case there are some members who cant seem to find the thanks button it is located at the bottom right hand side of each and every post and looks like this -

What ever you use the thanks button for be it for good advice, technical guidance, responding to a compliment or if you simply agree with someone. It is always nice to give and receive a thank you on a post.

So to all the people with thanks received in the hundreds and thanks given in the tens. Stop being a tight wad, clicking the thanks button is free and might just brighten up someone's day. :smashin:

EarthRod

Distinguished Member
Good one Razor. Thank you.

The next step is to spread your "Thanks button guide" post on every forum so all can read it!? :thumbsup:

Alan

kav

Distinguished Member
Thanks for bringing this important topic to our attention. :D Note to people with hundreds of thanks who've given less than 50 thanks: cough up, you owe us. :devil:

Fen Star

I must hold the record for most thanks given compaired to recieved...:D

mrapbp

Surely if you give thanks all over the place for anything then they become meaningless?

Personally I dont give many and only tend to when someone really has done something 'special' then they know my thanks means something.

Razor

Distinguished Member
So Razor, who's ****** you off and in what thread? :D
I was teasing an other member in a thread today and it lead to this thread. :D

However I have noticed that there are allot of posts on avf which really help people out and never get a thanks.

Some help can save people time, money and cash and yet they still never gets thanks. Why is that? :confused:

Last edited:

danmc_82

Some help can save people time, money and cash and yet they still never gets thanks. Why is that? :confused:
I notice it all the time, whats worse is when someone gives some great advice but no one even responds in a post. Bad manners :(