A Good Xbox 1 headset?

jayboek

Novice Member
I just purchased a xbox 1. I got the turtle beach XO 1's. I had the turtle beach x31 for the xbox 360 for years and loved them. But these XO 1's for sound quality is terrible. Very low and needs to be up a lot higher. My friends say their headset is too low as well when compared to the 360. What is the deal? Is it just xbox 1 headsets game volume is supposed sound low or what? NEED HELP....thanks.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
I just purchased a xbox 1. I got the turtle beach XO 1's. I had the turtle beach x31 for the xbox 360 for years and loved them. But these XO 1's for sound quality is terrible. Very low and needs to be up a lot higher. My friends say their headset is too low as well when compared to the 360. What is the deal? Is it just xbox 1 headsets game volume is supposed sound low or what? NEED HELP....thanks.

Are you running them through a chat adapter? If so have you adjusted game vs speech volume on it?

It shouldn't be to quiet (there is no reason for it, put it that way).

I have some astro gen 2's (so they run via optical) but the sound is beautiful.

Dexy

Can't go wrong with Astros. Turtle beaches in my opinion are very poor. Had a few sets and my friends just gotten the new wireless x800s and they are awful. I can hardly hear him when we are playing anything even in a party with no sound we struggle to hear him. The microphone is built into the headset and nowhere near his mouth.

Ill stick with Astros. I've had Xbox official headsets. Steel series wireless h headset. Turtle beach wireless ones and wired and the Astros blow them all out of the weather. Especially with a mix amp.

damo09

Stealth 500x are a great pair of cans, I had the Astros but found them uncomfortable and very warm after about 30mins, so I got the turtle beach and there much much better imo

stellamandude

Distinguished Member
Stealth 500x are a great pair of cans, I had the Astros but found them uncomfortable and very warm after about 30mins, so I got the turtle beach and there much much better imo

You are the first and only person I've ever heard say that Astro's are uncomfortable :eek:
My old TB's where extremely uncomfortable after 30mins or so, way too tight fitting on the head, ear cups use to press so hard on the arms of my glasses that I'd have to take them off to continue gaming after 10mins :(, and as for the heat build up :facepalm:

I can wear my Astro's for hours on end, and almost forget their there sometimes, walks off to kitchen dragging the controller along the floor :laugh:

I recently tried some Sennheiser PC350's, super light and very very comfortable, even more so than the Astro's, just a shame the sound was poop compared to the A40's

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom