A Good Vape? Please advise!

Gaslight

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a good Vape. I am sick of spending £30 on Amazon for ones like below for them to last a couple of months at best.

Theres were all junk. The LoVape was probably the best but the battery has lasted a few months and now it can barely heat the coil.

I only use CBD Oil (Vape kind) and not dirty -E-Cig juice.

Any suggestions? I don't mind spending a bit of money if I can get something that works well and lasts.

Cheers all

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
After getting an istick pico I stopped looking for anything better. I like it so much I now have 3 and all are work fine still although the display is a little dim on my oldest white one, the paint is chipped and some of the metal coating has worn showing the original brass colour underneath but that's just due to heavy use I think. Fos some reason the black one I have hasn't suffered from paint chipping at all though and it's only slightly newer.

Picos use a removable 18650 battery (not usually supplied) so buy a couple from a reputable supplier along with a decent charger and you should be very happy. I'm a bit old school and use Kanger protanks still so I can't say much about the eleaf tanks in the link but if you shop about you can buy the Pico on it's own and use your current tanks if you like them.

After getting an istick pico I stopped looking for anything better. I like it so much I now have 3 and all are work fine still although the display is a little dim on my oldest white one, the paint is chipped and some of the metal coating has worn showing the original brass colour underneath but that's just due to heavy use I think. Fos some reason the black one I have hasn't suffered from paint chipping at all though and it's only slightly newer.

Picos use a removable 18650 battery (not usually supplied) so buy a couple from a reputable supplier along with a decent charger and you should be very happy. I'm a bit old school and use Kanger protanks still so I can't say much about the eleaf tanks in the link but if you shop about you can buy the Pico on it's own and use your current tanks if you like them.

Thanks for this.

Ideally i just want an all in one, not having to piece it together from various places (no idea what a reputable battery supplier would be) I also dont know nor want to know the difference between 'tanks' . That not meant to sound grumpy, its just I want a fairly one box solution!

I was looking at one of these, the reviews seem good. Again I dont know if having a screen means I am inviting more problems further down the line, I just want a button and for it to work properly! :)

When you say all the ones you've had haven't lasted, what was the problem? Was it battery in all of them or other problems? This may seem a silly question but I take it you are replacing the heads/coils when required?

Eleaf do also sell a Pico model with integrated battery (see link below) but my issue with integrated batts is when they fail you need to buy the whole thing again rather than spend £10 on a couple of new rechargeables. The second link in my first post is a very good place to buy batteries, the seller being well known in the vaping community but if you don't like that idea then have a look here...

When you say all the ones you've had haven't lasted, what was the problem? Was it battery in all of them or other problems? This may seem a silly question but I take it you are replacing the heads/coils when required?

Eleaf do also sell a Pico model with integrated battery (see link below) but my issue with integrated batts is when they fail you need to buy the whole thing again rather than spend £10 on a couple of new rechargeables. The second link in my first post is a very good place to buy batteries, the seller being well known in the vaping community but if you don't like that idea then have a look here...

The first one leaked, the second wasnt powerful enough for CBD oil (which generally has a thicker consistency and needs more power to burn) and the third, the battery has gone within a couple of months. It works fine when it is fully charged, but around 20 puffs later, it dosent burn properly, but the battery still shows fully charged.

I don't use it regularly, just at night and sporadically through the day.

I didnt see your battery link in your first post, apologies. I understand what you mean, I imagine the batteries where interchangeable on all of them, but as you've shown, they are not.

Ok, so may a seperate battery option would be better, unless i can find one with an intregated battery that is also replaceable

Well the first link I posted, the original Pico, has a removable battery (not included) but it can be charged with a USB by the mod itself so if taking it out to charge is bothering you then you don't necessarily need to do that. Personally though, I prefer to have one or two batteries on charge in a separate charger or ready charged for when the one in the mod runs out.

I'm not sure what sort of power you are after though. I vape with relatively high resistance coils and only at about 7.5 watts which is a tenth of what the my Pico is capable of so it's fine for me but if you are sub ohming at high power then things could be different. I know nothing about CBD oil but if you are running at high power because of it, it could be your coil can't take it for long and that's where things are going wrong. I think you might want to try a proper vaping forum for better advice if that's the case.

Well the first link I posted, the original Pico, has a removable battery (not included) but it can be charged with a USB by the mod itself so if taking it out to charge is bothering you then you don't necessarily need to do that. Personally though, I prefer to have one or two batteries on charge in a separate charger or ready charged for when the one in the mod runs out.

I'm not sure what sort of power you are after though. I vape with relatively high resistance coils and only at about 7.5 watts which is a tenth of what the my Pico is capable of so it's fine for me but if you are sub ohming at high power then things could be different. I know nothing about CBD oil but if you are running at high power because of it, it could be your coil can't take it for long and that's where things are going wrong. I think you might want to try a proper vaping forum for better advice if that's the case.

I dont think it the coils, as it works fine on my current one when fully charged, its definitely the battery.

I'll definitely look into the pico if it can be charged in situ, that sounds fine. The one i linked also needs these batteries, so Ill probably just have to bite the bullet to get something thats more reliable.

cheers for your help!

No problem. The chap that runs the battery shop I linked earlier is very helpful. Once you've decided what to buy, if you message him with the details he will tell you exactly which 18650's you should think about buying. Not all 18650's are equal so it's not just about picking one that fits but he will make it easy for you to choose.

I entered a mindfield when I started vaping and like you, I was only using it in the evenings. I started off with the all in ones but soon found they weren't enough so ended up on a really simple Mod with interchangeable batteries. The Cleito tank is good and the coils last me about 4 weeks, maybe 5 but I don't use CBD so not sure what the burn rate is with it. As @Timmy C said, the higher wattage on the Mod might be better for you

I entered a mindfield when I started vaping and like you, I was only using it in the evenings. I started off with the all in ones but soon found they weren't enough so ended up on a really simple Mod with interchangeable batteries. The Cleito tank is good and the coils last me about 4 weeks, maybe 5 but I don't use CBD so not sure what the burn rate is with it. As @Timmy C said, the higher wattage on the Mod might be better for you

It really is a mindfield! It has to be one of the most baffling, confusing and therefore restrictive industries to get in to. Tank this, mod that, which tanks fit this, oh then theres the coil, which coil? which batteries?..Someone who has some nouse should really just start a clear market range of vapes that is easy to understand and they would make a fortune.

Anyhow, I have opted for the Sony Batteries from The Torchy Boy and one of these

The reviews were better than the cheaper one Timmy mentioned, but the same family given his endorsement of the brand. Its also a bit more powerful which i think is needed for CBD oil. As its from Amazon it can be returned if not powerful enough,but willgive me an idea of how powerful one needs to be to do the job properly.My Current one is 40-50w (claimed).

I vape between 50-60 depending on the time of day. I use Fogstar batteries that are made for Mods and I'm sticking with the Cleito tank as I understand it! I can't get my head around people wanting a bigger vape smoke or whatever its called!

Good luck and let us know how you get on. The higher the wattage the better the experience IMO having said that sometimes it can be too much!

So I got this bad boy and the batteries today...

On a whole,it 'vapes' so much better than the previous, and is consistant which is great. It does seem more power is whats needed for CBD Vape oil.

But having a major issue with 'spitting', to the point its barely usable.

Did the usual - tried different coil, primed first, cleaned out with rolled up kitchen roll, changed airflow etc...ALL THE Google guides...and it still spits.

Its 'proper' violent at times, to the point where you don't want to push the on button in case it acts like a grenade going off.

Any ideas?

When I suffer with 'spitting' I first blow hard into the vape to clear out the air flow. Then I start low and work my way up to a higher setting to see whats happening.

When you fitted it all together did you start low? Where are you at the moment in terms of wattage?

When I suffer with 'spitting' I first blow hard into the vape to clear out the air flow. Then I start low and work my way up to a higher setting to see whats happening.

When you fitted it all together did you start low? Where are you at the moment in terms of wattage?

Just tried that, loads of juice came out, but still hasn't stopped the spitting, has improved though it seems, touch wood.

Erm...I can't remember to be honest,i just made it work :) its now on 45w with half open air intake.

Its trial and error I think in terms with the air flow. I've only ever vaped with the air flow completely open and my tank doesn't allow me to adjust which I really like. when I change the coil it takes about an hour to climb up so as not to burn the coil out quickly.... It was what I was told to do so I do it!!

Maybe go higher than 45W? If juice came out maybe it was blocked. Did you soak the coil first?

I am looking for a good Vape. I am sick of spending £30 on Amazon for ones like below for them to last a couple of months at best.

Theres were all junk. The LoVape was probably the best but the battery has lasted a few months and now it can barely heat the coil.

I only use CBD Oil (Vape kind) and not dirty -E-Cig juice.

Any suggestions? I don't mind spending a bit of money if I can get something that works well and lasts.

Cheers all

Hi, well I have been using the Aspire Speeder mod and Athos tank and also use the VandyVape RTA which you can rebuild the coils on yourself, easy to keep clean !

I have found this link for the Aspire Speeder kit which is very good !

Edit don’t link to your own business

Hope that helps ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up with the one @Timmy C recommended after sending the violent 'f%$^er' back. Thanks buddy.

Works fine, no issues, reliable, dosent leak, vapes really nice.

For anyone else reading this thread, CBD vape oils need more wattage to burn properly otherwise you get way to many pops and bangs and yucky throat. I have found 40-45ww of power seems to nuke it ok,but you do jave to work up to that, its a bit much as a virginal hit, although I do still have to do a courtesy button press if I havent used it for a day or so.

Pleased you got sorted. I am currently in Brazil where vaping doesn't exist and I don't have any juice with me. Doh!! I tried a normal cigarette and nearly threw up!! Vaping is good until you realise you need the actual thing, batteries, charger, coils and juice rather than just a lighter and a pack of fags!!!

@Jamjones I ran into a similar issue many years ago in my early days of vaping. I was on holiday in the US and some guy in a bar was intrigued to know how my vape worked so I pulled it apart to show him the bits and pieces. Being a bit drunk I managed to pour all the juice out on the table and had none spare with me. Went to shop next door, bought a pack of smokes, got half way through one and hated it so called it a night and went home..my evening was ruined due to still being addicted to nicotine. I now go everywhere with spare juice, spare coils and if out for a night, a spare mod and battery and won't visit countries where it's banned. I never want to put myself in a situation where I might go near a cigarette again!

I brought everything with me and felt completely organised until I left my vape on a minibus after a wedding. The same minibus picked us up 2 days later to go to a different area so I had to wait for them to bring it back. It wasn't until I got it back, I realised it was empty and the juice bottles I had were also empty and the only full ones I have are back at the apartment. I won't be back there until Saturday!!
Trouble is, I now cannot stop eating!!! 3 week holiday and I'll be a stone heavier! Hahaha!!

Depends which style you are looking for i suppose. I swear by the arc 5. its one of the better starter kits that never dies out. I always upgrade each year to the latest one but all my older ones are still working.

Im down to 3mg now and i normally use a bigger bottle with the device. my favourites are yeti and crusher but thats all personal preference i suppose

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom