1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a good pci card?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by watchinthewheel, Apr 29, 2005.

1. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have decided to try and connect my pc and ntl set top box together so i can watch and record tv. im not planning on sending the recodings back to a tv though, my monitor is far far better quality. what im looking for is a decent pci card that will let me watch and record. im looking at an s-video one if possible, i know rgb is better but the sweetspot card is far too expensive concidering what i want it for. also is it as simple as getting a scart-s-video converter cable and plugging it into my pc capture card?

thanks for any advice or replies.

2. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    I had a Pinnacle PCTV Stereo which worked very nicely with Dscaler. I imagine a scart to svideo adaptor will work, does your set top box not have s-video out?

3. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i dont think it does but im not sure tbh, i assumed none of em did, ill have a look.

im assuming dscaler is a recording app? thanks for the reccomendations,m i just wanted a name of a card that someone had tried and was decent quality, ill get that one, thanks a lot for the reply.

4. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump, any other pci card i should concider?