A good pair of speakers for my JVC R-S7 Amp?

scottbanksie

Novice Member
Once again, i find myself on the hunt for a new pair of speakers! My beloved JBL TLX 9 GI's are taking up too much space so i have had to replace them with hopefully something smaller (bookshelf size) and nicer to look at.
My amplifier is a JVC R-S7 50wpc Stereo Receiver from 1979. I need help with what sort of speakers would be ideal for me. I have a sadly low budget of £150 ish.
I'm looking for something relatively good sounding, decent bass and treble etc. Basically what everyone is looking for when after a new pair of speakers haha.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

muljao

I can't see why the small q Acoustics 3010i would not fit the bill, pretty 😄, easy to drive and I'd guess sound good as previous version does

password1

Suspended
I have owned the Mission lx1 (Mark 1) and they sound incredible for their price.

They are easy to partner as I've used them with a stereo amp and still sound very good on a budget avr.

Your avr will have no problem driving them.

The newer Mark 2 series make the still very good award winning Lx2 Mark 1 good value for money.

The newer Mark 2 have been reviewed on this forum and gained an award.

password1

Suspended
I can't see why the small q Acoustics 3010i would not fit the bill, pretty 😄, easy to drive and I'd guess sound good as previous version does
I've not heard the 3010i but I found the 3020i lack bass, I can't imagine how much less bass the smaller 3010i are like.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom