1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a good match??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by nickb23, Feb 23, 2003.

1. nickb23

nickb23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I have at the moment a yammy DSP-A5 amp, and i am thinking of buying the Kef eggs (unfortunatley not as a whole package, but seperatly @ £160 a pair as funds dont allow it)

Is this a good match up, or are the eggs too good for this 2 year old amp?

The eggs are so cool, and unfortunatly i will have to cough up more money to get 2 pairs of stands if i get them (wall mounting out of question) - actually are there any cheaper stands that would work with them?

Thanks guys

Nick B

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd always recommend the Kef Eggs, they do have capabilities which span a bit beyond your amp, but it's rare you find perfectly matched speakers & amps anyway. Plus it's easy enough to upgrade an amp these days, so with that in mind your Kefs would definitely be a worthwhile investment. Incidentally I assume that you're going to be purchasing a subwoofer to go with the eggs straight away? As they wont cope without one.

3. nickb23

nickb23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks for the reply Dimmy,

The first pair i was going to buy were for the rears. At the moment cash wont strech to a sub, but the mission speakers at the front have quite a bit of bass. When i get another pair, i possibly will. There is a mordant short 308 that richer sounds sell for £160 that i quite like the look of. As i am in a flat, bass has to be kept quite low.