1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good centre speaker to match my Kef Crestas

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Jimmysil, May 18, 2003.

1. Jimmysil

Jimmysil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I have almost finished upgrading my system, which I am very happy with.
    I have Kef Cresta 2s for fronts and Kef cresta 1s for rears and a Eltax bipolar for centre rear.
    I would like to upgrade my centre speaker, I currently have a Gale 10.
    I require one that tonally matches my crestas. I was hoping to get a cheap cresta centre. But I can't find them any where.
    I understand that kef have just brought out new crestas, so I could get one of the new crestas.

But I was wondering is there any other options which will go well with the crestas.

For example wharfdale diamond 8c, Tannoy MXC etc

Regards

Jimmysil

2. ChrisNic

ChrisNic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    You should really stick with the same make atleast so if you cant get hold of the matching Cresta then the new one would probably be alright but its probably an idea to listen to it first to mkae sure its a reasonable tonal balance.

3. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Cresta centre is only £100.

Not exactly expensive.

Richer Sounds will probably have them in.

4. Jimmysil

Jimmysil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.

Nathan, infact the 2nd generation Cresta 20C is only about £89, which is fine. The only other thing is the new ones don't come in cherry to match my current crestas.

Before I wanted a new centre, everywhere was selling the older cresta c's for about £50. But not anymore, as is always the way.

I got my cresta 2s at RS for about £50, but they don't have the centres instock on the website.