• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

A Good AVR to Pair up with SONY Home theatre

Ash90

Novice Member
Hello ,

Im Having SONY "bdv n9200w" home theatre system ... but i need to have an AVR with this one.. can anyone suggest a good AVR for me ...
Im planning to get one because current Sony dont have dolby vision , ATMOS , DTSX , DD+ , also not that powerful output ..
So kindly suggest a good one .. also i wanna use the same speakers from sony "bdv n9200w" with AVR .. since will use Sony unit for HDMI IN in AVR ..
1,200 W of total RMS power Of 5 speakers in SONY home theatre .

Last edited:

dante01

Distinguished Member
You'd not need an AV receiver. The Sony BDV-N9200W is an integrated all in one home theatre system. The disc player includes its own processing and amplification. You cannot combine the Sony player/receiver with an external AV receiver.

The speakers wouldn't be condusive with want would be acceptable for use with a conventional AV receiver. The subwoofer is passive and you'd need an active sub if using a dedicated AV receiver. I've no idea on the exact impedance of the speakers,but even if rated more than 6ohm, I'd advise getting better speakers if intent on buying an AV receiver. The Sony speakers are designed for use with that all in one system and were never intended to be used in a more conventional setup, powered by a dedicated AV receiver. As said, the sub is passive and cannot be integrated into a setup if using a dedicated AV receiver and you'd need an active sub with its own power and amplification.

Last edited:

Ash90

Novice Member
You'd not need an AV receiver. The Sony BDV-N9200W is an integrated all in one home theatre system. The disc player includes its own processing and amplification. You cannot combine the Sony player/receiver with an external AV receiver.

The speakers wouldn't be condusive with want would be acceptable for use with a conventional AV receiver. The subwoofer is passive and you'd need an active sub if using a dedicated AV receiver. I've no idea on the exact impedance of the speakers,but even if rated more than 6ohm, I'd advise getting better speakers if intent on buying an AV receiver. The Sony speakers are designed for use with that all in one system and were never intended to be used in a more conventional setup, powered by a dedicated AV receiver. As said, the sub is passive and cannot be integrated into a setup if using a dedicated AV receiver and you'd need an active sub with its own power and amplification.

But in the current sony , i dont have ATMOS , DTSX , DD+ supported ... so i thought of AVR ..

dante01

Distinguished Member
If using an AVR then you cannot use the subwoofer from the Sony setup and will need to buy an active sub. You may get away with using the other speakers, but I'd strongly suggest you consider better speakers. Maybe use the Sony speakers short term utntil you've funds available to start replacing them with something more befitting a dedicated AVR? Regardless, you will not a new active sub and you cannot connect a passive sub to an AV receiver.

Ash90

Novice Member
If using an AVR then you cannot use the subwoofer from the Sony setup and will need to buy an active sub. You may get away with using the other speakers, but I'd strongly suggest you consider better speakers. Maybe use the Sony speakers short term utntil you've funds available to start replacing them with something more befitting a dedicated AVR? Regardless, you will not a new active sub and you cannot connect a passive sub to an AV receiver.
okay i ll wait for replacement ... ill sell this off and plan a new AVR with Custom speakers .. but is this SONY model good than denon AVR's in terms of sound detailing, output quality ?? what would u rate a High end home theatres to AVR's for living hall . ill go like what u say and suggest . thanks

dante01

Distinguished Member
I'd probably suggest you look at Marantz or Yamaha if looking for something that performs better with music as well as with movies. There's nothing wrong with Denon AV receucers though.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom