A glorious MS 308 for under a £100 :)

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by madwelsh, Jan 17, 2008.

1. madwelsh

madwelsh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a little story of what happened to me yesterday. I was given a CA azur 540r coupled with 2 pairs of MS 302's and a 304 centre by my bro for xmas. However he kept his sub, (as it is still needed) so me being an eager beaver set about tracking down a new 308, or as I had seen a 309. Having been all over the web for 309's I thought best go see the size, compared to the 308, so I pops down to Richer Sounds to have a butchers. Good job I did, the damn 309 was like a dolls house, no way would the missus be having that. So I notes the price of the 308 while I was there, near £150, (bit steep I thought!) so returned to find some prices on the 308. I found one well, cheapest I could in 30 mins here :

http://www.hifix.co.uk/sku2.lasso?M...ff09733c04d2d4a7455d0b4e0a29675eee5a93abc0aea

£110, with free delivery, so I chats to the guy and he says they have 3 in stock. Next I rang RS and asked about price match, they said yeah, we can do that, plus we'll beat it by £10 so total is less than £100. An hour later I'm in RS with my cash, explains to the assistant, who then rings up the number I gave him. He then tells me they have no stock so they can't do the deal. I stared at him in disbelief, no way could they have sold 3 in in less than an hour. So I says fair enough, goes outside the shop and rings the bloke on my mobile. He says yes he's got 3 still in stock and no, nobody has called in the last 30 mins. Fuming doesn't describe it, I thinks to myself sod it, goes back in and says why don't you ring him again mate? I just spoke to him and he still has 3 in stock.. Well after the assistant was put on 'hold' for 5 mins with me waiting at the desk, he finally said 'yes we can do the deal'.

So I got my sub brand new, (being delivered direct from the warehouse tomorrow hopefully) for £99.99. A little too much work on my behalf for a price match in my book though. Just a little word of caution to fellow bargain hunters out there, don't be put off, and your mobile is your best friend :clap:

Anyways, I've ordered my wall mounts, got the drill on charge and by the end of this weekend, my neighbours will hate me, but generally life is good :rotfl:

2. scottyf

scottyf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    thats a dodgy thing for them to do

what RS was it so we know which to avoid

3. Peter Galbavy

Peter Galbavy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I heard some little oik from John Lewis do something similar once.

Went in and asked them to price match something, could have been a photo printer - long time ago now - so they phone up the store in the advert (a non-chain shop) and, wait for it, he asks: "Hello, this is X from John Lewis and I have a customer who has asked us to price match one of your products..." - what do you think the guy on the other end of the phone thought / said ?

I couldn't believe my ears and almost *shouted* for the dept manager.

I got the price match, no further quibble.