A frustrated buyer

Kempes

Novice Member
Reaction score
Ok, this week I'm going to be returning my third tv in less than a year.
The problem? I hate motion blur. No, I HATE motion blur. It's annoying as hell. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to this. First TV was a Toshiba, wasn't too bad but when watched from the sides it looked WAY to bright. Returned it then I bought an LG. It wasn't bright when watched from the sides but the motion blur was horrible. I learned then that I shoudl've bought a 120 hz tv.
Ok, so then I went with a Sharp 120 hz tv. There wasn't as much motion blur but it wasn't enough for me. I turned on the Motion Enhancement options but it looked way too weird. The Soap Opera Effect is very annoying.
All these tvs have been LCD/LED, in the same price range 380-450. Same size, 42 inches.
All I want is good 42 inch TV with no motion blur at all. I considered Plasma but the burn in worries me.
I never had this problem with my 5 year old 32 inch 720p Vizio LCD. I would just like a bigger version of that, in 1080p. Again, without motion blur.
What would you recommend? Budget is 650 dollars.

Since you are quoting 120hz and dollar prices I am guessing you are in the USA. This forum is essentially for the UK and Europe so we would have no knowledge of USA Models and prices. Try the American AV site.

Sorry, just noted you are in Mexico

Since you are quoting 120hz and dollar prices I am guessing you are in the USA. This forum is essentially for the UK and Europe so we would have no knowledge of USA Models and prices. Try the American AV site.

Sorry, just noted you are in Mexico
I am but I cross the border everyday anyway.
Well, didn't know this was a UK forum :I

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom