1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A free alternative to girder?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by james.miller, Mar 13, 2004.

1. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Since you now have to pay for it - i don't really want to. Is there anything else i can use thats free?

2. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Stick to the older version?

Or do what I did... Be grateful that someone has taken the time to write something that is so useful and pay the money with a smile on your face. Think how much time you'll spend trying to get everything working with an alternative utility. it's only £...... No, I better not post how much, we don't want people to think you're a cheapskate do we ;):D

Mark.

3. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    well, for one i didn't have the older version since i reformatted my HDD. 2) i couldnt FIND the older version to download and 3) i wasn't about to pay for something that i haven't used for months, and tbh a 30 day trial isn't enough.

No matter though, i've since found an older version and all is peachy;)

4. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'm glad you got to find a copy to try! It's a really great program, though having looked again at the girder site I do think they're being a bit mean making people who've already paid for Girder pay again to upgrade to V4. I'm all for programmers being rewarded for their work, but it's only a control util, once you've paid that should be it IMHO.

Mark.