A Film A Day – 2017

Watched Walk in 3d Imax, effects were decent, film was ok at best. I'd say like Gravity it's made for Imax (imo)

Kind of gutted I missed out on seeing it in 3D IMAX, whilst I don't rate 3D I can definitely see the appeal for that as it had me on the edge of my seat just watching at home.

Updated list:

IMDb: Watching A Film Every Day of the Year - 2017 - a list by CinematicFanatic93

Watching A Film Every Day of the Year - 2017

Day 323 of 365.

Will be watching a film tonight which I will add tomorrow.

I saw Justice League Friday which was very mediocre and (reluctlantly) Fifty Shades of Grey yesterday, which again wasn't great.

On the other hand I saw "Wonder" last week which was brilliant, strong performances all round, especially Jacob Tremblay. I hope he doesn't become one of the forgotten young stars as this kid has real talent.

I've just had another peek at your list on IMDB and there are an unfeasible amount of rom coms in there!:eek:

Don't get me wrong, a well made rom com like "Just Like Heaven", "The Wedding Singer" or "Music & Lyrics" can be very enjoyable and a marvellous slice of escapism. But a bad rom com is possibly amongst the worst film genres of all as you feel the life being sucked out of you by its awfulness and predictability.

Mind you, you could probably apply what I've just said to practically any film genre, I suppose....

Yes they are among the lowest rated films of all the genres I have seen so far to be fair.

Baby Driver and Hacksaw Ridge being the top two rated so far.

Updated list:

IMDb: Watching A Film Every Day of the Year - 2017 - a list by CinematicFanatic93

Day 330 of 365.

Quick question, would you say that adding documentaries count as a movie?

On my list I have the following documentary titles:

Notes on Blindness
I Am Heath Ledger
Score: A Film Music Documentary
Your Father's Murderer: A Letter to Zachary (Dear Zachary)
Supersonic

They are all over 90 minutes, would this count as a feature length documentary "movie"?

Lot easier for you to go through my list than me yours I think lol

Depending on what you like obviously you can look at some trailers and stuff yourself.

Absolute Power 1997
Blue Streak 1999
Cat Run (First and second film I enjoyed, 2011/14)
Cellular 2004
Darkness Falls 2003 (LOVE this film)
Disturbia 2007
Event Horizon 1997 (Absolutely fantastic film that is quite disturbing as well)
Everly 2015
From Dusk Til Dawn 1996
Infestation 2009 (It was quite a surprising film, ending is complete bull though lol)
Kiss The Girls 1997 (Really enjoyed this one)
Living Hell 2008 (May be hard to find this one but I quite enjoyed it, quite old now and wasnt too spread out when released)

Momentum 2015 (This was really good action film)
Nothing to Lose 1997 (Love this film, can't get enough of it)
Odd Thomas 2013 (I found this to be a real hidden gem and...... I wont say it incase you watch it)
Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse 2015 (Such a funny film)
Sneakers 1992
Split Second 1992
Virus 1999

I tried to mostly pick ones people may not know about but I could easily add another 30-50 to that but I don't want to waste your time as I am not sure about your preferences.

I'd say yes, unreservedly. Good narrative non-fiction has every bit as much story and every bit as much power as a well-crafted slice of fiction.

Dear Zachary is brilliant, but it broke me. It overcomes its initial amateurish feel to deliver a gut punch of a story.

Thanks for those suggestions alpha.

& thank you Billy for convincing me to leave those documentaries in my list.

Dear Zachary was a hard watch at times as I couldn't believe what was unfolding, could take a turn at any time with massive emotional punch, I also would recommend people check that out.

Off work today so I will be putting my film for today on shortly :)

Thanks for those suggestions alpha.

& thank you Billy for convincing me to leave those documentaries in my list.

Dear Zachary was a hard watch at times as I couldn't believe what was unfolding, could take a turn at any time with massive emotional punch, I also would recommend people check that out.

Off work today so I will be putting my film for today on shortly :)

np mate, also if you like Robin Williams watch "Patch Adams" and "Bicentennial Man" if you have not already seen them.

So, Scrooged, Elf, Miracle on 34th Street, Wonderful life, Die Hard, etc to see out the year ;)

Loved Robin Williams, Mrs. Doubtfire being in my favourite movies of all time. I've seen Bicentennial Man but have added Patch Adams to my watchlist, thanks for that.

Updated my Film a Day list, see below:

Day 337 of 365.

Really on the home stretch now, will update the list over the next couple of weeks and post the completed list on the 31st of December :)

oooooo you watched Atomic Blonde, what did you think of that ?

Edit
Have you planned out the rest of the month or doing it day by day ?

Atomic Blonde was okay, if not a bit generic, mostly forgettable, except for a particular Charlize Theron and Sofia Boutella love scene which I doubt any men in particular will forget.

Charlize Theron was very good in the action role though.

I go on a day by day basis, tonight I am watching "Stronger" the Jake Gyllenhaal movie about the boston bombing surviver, and then I have a watchlist that I plan to get through over the next few days.

Rear Window.

First time I ever watched it was when I was channel hopping late one evening. I was gripped from the first minute. I had no idea what it was until I googled the following day.

I thought "The Babysitter" was pretty good, I doubt it will happen but I would love a follow up.

Yes it was surprisingly different in a good way. Had some silly moments but a film like that always was going to, I feel. Was worth watching for a certain Bella/Samara scene though regardless :laugh:

Hello everyone

Got back from the cinema earlier where I saw The Greatest Showman, thus completing my project of watching a new film (that I hadn't seen before) every day of the year.

Day 365 of 365 completed and I've got to say it has actually on the whole been a very enjoyable experience where I watched a lot of films I wouldn't otherwise of seen.

Completed list:

Watched A Film Every Day of the Year - 2017 - IMDb

Watched A Film Every Day of the Year - 2017

Some highlights were:

- Baby Driver
- Hacksaw Ridge
- Blade Runner 2049
- Rush
- Closer (2004) - Loved the script, thought it was brilliant.
- Room
- Spotlight
- Requiem for a Dream
- The Walk
- Wonder
- The Before Trilogy (Before Sunrise, Sunset, Midnight). Hoping there is another follow up to this.
- Me Before You
- American Beauty - Really enjoyed this more than I thought I would.
- The Imitation Game - Again enjoyed this more than I thought I initially would.
- Still Alice - Excellent performance from Julianne Moore.
- La La Land
- American Honey
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Logan
- Man Down - Think this is actually underrated, great performance from Shia, whatever you think of him.
- 5 to 7 (2014)
- In Bruges

I also came across some terrible movies whilst doing this and the least said about those the better. Some days were tough to get the effort into watching another film but all in all was a great challenge/experience.

Would recommend doing this to anybody who loves movies in general. It also gives you the opportunity to watch some older movies that deserve to be seen, such as It's a Wonderful Life, Psycho etc.

Anyway if anyone has been following this thank you for reading and contributing over the previous months.

Happy 2018 to you all.

:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom